Why am I so insecure?

I'm crazy about a guy I've been seeing for almost four months. I haven't been in a relationship in 5 years so I forget how they work. He spends at least three days a week with me but I'm always insecure he's losing interest or doesn't like me as much as I like him. I literally get panicked sometimes because I'm afraid I like him too much and it will scare him away. How do I get over this?

This isn't the first time I have felt this fear and it usually leads to them walking away. I just like him enough and he shows enough interest to keep it at bay. But when we part without future plans to do something later I get nervous about when he will want to see me again.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a Leonard and penny relationship. You both feel pure not good enough or each other but Hey, they wouldn't be dating you if they though they didn't like you. There must be something extra special about you they like, but just haven't told you

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to gain self esteem. Sweetie know your worth. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. You are the prize. Take time to love yourself before you try to love someone else. Because, men can tell when you aren't confident and to them that is not an attractive quality. Gain self-esteem, look in the mirror and say to yourself you are beautiful etc... and worth whatever you desire. Be Bless

What Guys Said 6

• I think I've scared off girls by being like this. IE texting too much. etc. Honestly I just got overly excited to talk to her etc. Honestly I think the best thing you can do even though it's hard is to not care if you lose him. You can't put too much faith into one person cause you'll just be disappointed. One thing you can do is turn the tables and let him worry about the things you wrote above. Don't text too much, show too much interest. etc. Let him chase you a little bit, don't be the one making the first moves all the time.

• You just have to stop liking him so much. Detach. Your self worth isn't derived from someone else's opinion of you.
    This is called codependent behaviours, and if you are concerned, and want help, and want to stop harming yourself and your loved ones with your behavior, I suggest you read up on codependency.

• Tell him how scared you are of losing him and he will comfort you saying that he wouldn't leave you.

• He would never tell me that because he doesn't know that. Even married people can't promise that.

• Thanks you're right. I'm scared of the answer I get but it better to know the truth then live in the dark.

• And when you don't share any of the same concerns, hearing this from a girl can be a warning sign.

• wow!!! Three days a week, most people at 4 months are still maybe seeing each other once or twice a week. I think you have nothing to worry about but what you are going through is understandable given your history, just learn to trust him I guess

• When you feel insecure, imagine to lose him :) Don't lose him for simple things...

• I think the most important thing is that you should learn to get along with hin correctly

• And how's that?

• The. He isn't worth being with... 😕

• *then*

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need a hobby or something so when you're not together, you don't panic like this.

• I think you should tell him, make him understand what you feel like. I mean... who knows, he could feel the same way! And don't forget... the key to a relationship is communication!