Drunk people always tell the truth?

I was sleeping in the house of my boyfriend and we started to drink. I was not so drunk because I have a good resistance to alcohol but I don't know... We had the stupid idea to play truth or dare and that was when the awful happened.

He said hurtful things to me and I know he was drunk but now I can't get out of my head all that he said to me... I think he doesn't remember so I don't know if I should raise the issue.

Most Helpful Guy

• no drunk people do not always tell the truth... alcohol is not truth serum

Most Helpful Girl

• 'Drunken words are sober thoughts' - I do believe in that somewhat that the mind can't filter out the truth as well as when you are sober so I would pay attention to what's been said. Depends if you can forgive what he said and decipher the meaning behind the words.

What Guys Said 26

• It's more likely for a drunk to say something truthful that they wouldn't have said otherwise. But it's not reliable. I lived with an alcoholic for many years. Some of the stuff that came out of her mouth was total BS. It didn't even come close to reality. She didn't remember it either.

It may be truth. It may be false. t may be half-truth. It could be anything.

People react very differently to alcohol. So there is no fixed answer about how anyone acts when drunk. It's entirely individual.

• Alcohol does not make people say things that that they do not believe or feel. It only disables the censor which prevents them from being more honest when they are sober.

• I believe he said what he really thought. And now he'll probably say he won't remember, but that's bullshit. I always remember every single event even when I can't walk anymore. I am sorry you had to hear that.
    Alcohol removes the filter that prevents you from saying stuff you would regret. It doesn't make you lie or forget.

• Alcohol is disinhibiting, so yes, drunk people tell the truth. It maybe a truth they wouldn't speak if sober, but whatever they tell you probably reflects their true feelings. "I was drunk" is a very poor excuse. My dating policy was to drop anyone with an alcohol problem -- occasionally hav

• I doubt that...

• well no you won't be throwing facts at people but drunk people say what sober people are afraid to say but it doesn't mean its true it means that you drunk boyfriend have been telling you that if you buy pears you can fly , or if you wear glasses you can fire laser , a normal person wouldn't say that but it doesn't make it true.

• Alcohol turns off the part of your brain responsible for inhibition control. Therefore, drunks are more free with how they act and what they say. If a drunk is going to lie, he's still going to lie. If he's going to tell the truth, he's still going to tell the truth. Alcohol is an on/off switch but not for truth v. lies or nonviolent v. violent.

• It can help get past their defenses but they don't always tell the truth. And it depends how drunk.
    The key word here is that it makes you "less inhibited". It isn't truth serum.
    I've been fairly drunk and wanted to say things i wouldn't otherwise say. It doesn't mean that i would lose all sense of tact though if i thought i was guarding a secret important enough.

• It's hard to say my dad was a alcoholic in his earlier years
    he would tell me things that he said the night before when
    he was drunk so it's hard to say and they were the truth cause
    i was there to witness.

• I actually lie more when I'm drunk. I become a tease when I'm drunk and like screwing with peoples minds. So I try not to get too drunk when around others.

• they do. they are also never broke, are immune to STDs, and can't impregnate.

i think i gotta get drunk more often

• Drunk idiots tell the truth? Wow.. thats new xP

• About 50% of the time

• No, drunk people always tell, what they think is the truth.

• drunks and little kids, at least thats how the saying goes.
    down in mexico the feds give you some pills like drugs that make tell the truth dont know if its leegall but it works a lot.

• My mum said she loved me when she was pissed once.
    Ha!

• 50/50. But then I feel alcohol gives you more confident to tell people the truth, or even a lie. So depends on the person

• I doubt it.

• And pee their pants too

• Rubbish... I'm drunk all the time and I lie about being sober all the time

• So it is true I look like Batman!

• Nope. They may be more vocal, but, that doesn't necessarily make it the truth, trust me

• Yup, never tell anyone anything because you put a couple of drinks in them and they'll spill your darkest secrets right back out without a second thought.

• What are you going to do if he doesn't remember? You can't get pissed about it if he doesn't because you were both drunk!

• No they do not, not all the time, and not all drunk people.

• You should talk to him. You cannot solve this problem by yourself and if the issue is unresolved it will grow inside you.

What Girls Said 12

• when someone is drunk they will tell you things they would never say otherwise.
    maybe a harsh truth they would otherwise be too afraid to say.
    so, from experience, drunks do tell the truth. Like small children, they don't have a filter.

Do raise the issue, even if he doesn't remember (or says he doesn't) there is definitely some truth to what he said. Time to have an honest conversation and fixing the issues you two have.

• A part of him could have been joking and taking the piss. It could have some truth to it but I think he was probably exaggerating to have some banter/fun with you

• My dad is an alcoholic and he tell more lies than he takes breaths...

• No, they are delusional.

• Alcohol changes your decision making not your morals. What he said drunk, he thinks while he is sober.

• People don't say things drunk that they don't think sober.

• I don t know what he said but i think you should bring it up and see how he reacts.
    Holding things back will only make the communication weaker between you guys.
    And you know what happens in a relationship with lack of communication...

• The truth unleashed, thanks to alcohol!

Tell him when you are ready to confront him!

• you need to bring it up and tell him how you feel. if he really feels the way he seemed as he was drunk, maybe he is just leading you on. i would do it now before it is too late and you become so in love you feel as if you can't live without him.

• Drunken words are sober thoughts

• No, I don't think so, I never trust drunk people.

• if they are hurtful... I don't know he may not of had meant it like if he's calling you a slut and a whore when you know its not true he could just be a baddd drunk