Do you tell your boyfriend about your period?

I tell him everything, when I'm expecting it, when it starts, if I have to change a tampon, if I'm going to be wearing a pad or tampon, if I leaked into my underwear, if I have back and leg and stomach cramps or a headache, what the blood looks like, if there's chunks, if I have diarrhea, etc.
he doesn't seem to care at all, he never says "omg gross stop telling me this stuff" he's just like "ok" haha

what do you guys say about it?

• i don't have a SO
  • I tell/am told everything
  • I tell/am told when it starts or when she's on it and not much else
  • I tell/am told nothing (why?)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would want to know the details fown to brand and size of tampon and when ots being changed. I like that info.

• I would also want to know the leakage or how heavy the blood flow is presently. I loke details and would like to see the period blood.

Most Helpful Girl

• My man knows my cycle. I don't necessarily have to tell him when I start. Since I talked to him about getting on birth control and my cycle became regular as a result, he has it pinpointed just by mental note when I will be starting. I do tend to tell him anyway and he will ask me how I am feeling throughout. Since we do not live together and do not see each other often, he does not do anything to help, but he has expressed that he would love to pamper me with massages, hot baths... etc. to help with the cramps. They used to be horrible, but have been a lot more mild since going on the birth control. We have talked about what type of tampons I use and if my flow is heavy or light, but I do not go into too much detail about what the blood looks like or anything. He wants to know everything else, though- headaches, bloating, cramps... etc. because he genuinely cares about how I am feeling. It doesn't gross him out at all. He grew up with two sisters, has an adult daughter and was married for 20 years before we were together, so he is very sensitive to women's needs during that time.

• 7d

This question seems a bit made up.. but as far as the paties goes.. i tend to like regular cotton panties over a thong anyday... i know girls wear em on thier period... so thats the only thing id like

What Guys Said 2

• I would not really mind if a girl went into the kind of detail you do about her period. It is pretty hard to gross me out.

• I would tell her to kindly NOT inform me of the details!

What Girls Said 11

• no... I don't see why he needs to know every single detail. I'm open with him about my period. Jokingly will tell him 'you've got a week' when I know it's scheduled to come so he realizes he's got that many days for sex before shark week.
    If I'm hanging out with him and get cramps or my back starts hurting, I might tell him but that's about it. I keep a bottle of Midol and a few tampons at his place anyway so might as well! :P

• I don't tell him every detail, but I do tell him when I'm feeling shitty because of it and when I have cramps/sore back, etc.

• My boyfriend doesn't care about stuff like that so, yeah, I tell him. He instinctively knows when I'm on if because I get crazy mood swings but he doesn't straight up ask "are you on your period?" because he knows that's rude. He'll just wait for me to start complaining about cramps or something and is there to comfort me.

• i love how you know he doesn't care but you tell him anyway lol

• Sometimes. I never straight up tell him but I say something like "ugh i have cramps" then hed be like "aw is it your period?"

• When I had one, I just told him when I was on it, when I had cramps, and when I was horny. Lol.

• No, mainly because I doubt he can handle hearing stuff like that. 😐

• No. That's too many deets. Only the basics lol

• I tell him when he happens to be there when it hits or when it's like a gift from Hell. But other than that... no.

• Even as a woman, if you told me all of that, I'd be like, TMI. I stick with the basics, when I'm on it, if I'm experiencing symptoms. I think in any relationship, you do share when you're not feeling well, but I don't think he would need to know so many details like that. However, you two don't seem to mind, so whatever.

• Jokes on you I'm foreveralone

• I was just kidding

• Haha bless ya that made me laugh in a good way I mean :') yeah I also tell my boyfriend when I'm on and having bad period pains nothing more than that though as he would probably be like tmi lol.