Is it possible to date and marry a guy with depression?

I'm currently in a relationship with a guy who he depression. He doesn't feel he can "go get help". It's not that bad of depression, but I feel it would make me connect better with him if we help decrease the depression. My question is, can you still date and marry a person with depression? How do I make him feel better? And if you've dated someone with depression, what are ways to keep yourself sane?

What Guys Said 1

• Is it possible? Yes.

Is it a good idea? Hell no.

I've dated bipolar women before; as long as they took their medication, everything was fine. Since this guy doesn't have any intention of seeking help, you're in for a very bumpy ride.

• Bipolar isn't the same as depression though. Much different.

• Bipolar is a combination of mania and depression. Lots of similarities, actually.

What Girls Said 1

• My guy has struggled with depression and anxiety for as long as I've known him. So it is possible, but it can be very difficult at times. You have to recognize that you can't make him happy. That power ultimately lies within him. You can encourage him and be a moral support, but you can't be his only support.