Is this a red flag?

We've been dating for weeks now. He's on vacation with his family to Ireland. Today is my birthday. I told him 3 days ago that my birthday was on Monday (today) which he was like "Your birthday is on Monday? Awesome! Happy early birthday! "
Today, He texted me this morning, "Happy birthday!!!" . I don't know if it is a red flag if he doesn't wish me happy birthday by calling me. He probably was notified on Facebook that it was my birthday.

Most Helpful Guy

• Waiting for details...

Most Helpful Girl

• A red flag that he's practical with expenses?
    Since he's in Ireland, I'm sure the long distance fees, especially for a cell-phone, would be pretty high. I don't see why a text wouldn't suffice, especially since it's not the best circumstances to have a proper phone conversation anyway.
    I'd be pretty happy a guy I had been dating for just 2 weeks even remembered that it was my birthday, despite him being all the way in Ireland!

What Guys Said 4

• It's only a matter of weeks, some people get attached quicker than others. I have dated girls who wouldn't be bothered by this.

• I take it as a bad sign. what he said three days ago was rather careless, just looks like he really wasn't bothered that it's coming up, but he could just be busy I'd just bring it up to him.

Happy birthday! :)

• i dont understand are you complaingin that he even bothered to say anything, because if you are then you are over reacating

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend forgot my birthday and we were dating for 4 months at that point. Honestly I didn't care because it's not that big of a deal to me. He was really sorry about it though.