What's it like to date a musician?

I'm curious, have any of you ever dated a musician? What was it like? I don't care if s/he is famous, only plays for the twenty people in your village, is a singer, guitarist, bass player, drummer or else. I just want to know about your experiences.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never dated a musician. But maybe I can tell you what it is like from the other side. I am a DJ and a musician. I do this full time.

I've talked about this with other musician/dj's and some (not all of them) can relate to this. If I wanted to go from woman to women it would be great. But for me being a more serious guy dating can be difficult. The assumptions people have kinda murder my dating life.

One side women love you and wanna meet you because you are the musician/DJ which makes it too shallow for me to pursue. On the other side women like to keep you at a distance because they think you have many women all over town. Or they think you have loads of money or have no money at all. Both are not true. And if you have a serious relationship women want to compete with your music. They see your music as if it's another woman and try to make you stop being a DJ/musician. Still, it's my passion and I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.

On the positive side it's kinda cool to be really flexible in your life. It gives you positive feeling because I always go happy and excited to work. And I'd like to think I bring that positive feeling to a relationship.

I'd say most musician can be self centered and sometimes a bit hard to handle.

What Guys Said 4

• Although I have never dated a musician, I am one myself. I play guitar, piano and drums and perform at concerts and shows.

I don't think dating a musician is too different compared to others...

We're still humans, have feelings and thoughts... It's just our hobbies that is different.

I'd say from personal experience, a lot of the really talented musicians are confidence and cocky people (I'm one of the loud and cocky ones 😂).

A lot of musicians are high maintenence, care a lot about their appearance (for example, I freak out when people touch my hair).

I'd say a lot of them are romantic... Creative... Imaginative and maybe expressive.

However we are difficult people to deal with.

• It depends if they're a musician or a posy twerp who calls themself a musician, dating a musician is cool because they're talented and dedicated and they don't subtly trade off that to elevate themselves, dating a posy twerp is bad because they're arrogant, full of shit and musically mediocre.

• Drama and a lot of it. They get hit on a lot because they're front and center. It starts to wear on you until you stop going to their gigs. Then they think you don't support their dream no matter what you say. Plus starting out they're broke all the time just like new Actors and Models.

• I have not, but I think it would be very interesting in the music department.

What Girls Said 3

• I had an ex that was a musician once. I don't mean to scare you with this story but he really badly wanted to be famous and LOVED attention so he broadcast our sex life to everyone in the city where we live and it was the most humiliating thing ever. I broke up with him straight away after that and swore off musicians forever. This is just my experience, it could be different for other people but just be careful if they really badly wanna be famous haha :D

• It's nice when they write songs for you, it's makes them happy and you feel proud when you hear/see them.
    It sucks when your house is a mess and they tell you just a bit longer with their instrument, but then they go play a different one, and when they come to help you've already finished,
    Oh and if there's Problems they'll write songs about it (which it's annoying when they post)
    And when you break up, there will be songs about that too

So it's alright sometimes

• I dated a drummer. He was a very nice guy, he was quiet at first, but was friendly and outgoing with those he knew. I loved watching him perform, he was a good drummer, and he came up with some interesting music pieces. I would hang out in his apartment while he practiced, and sometimes tried to show me how to play. He just played in a local band, and is going to school for pre med, so he just enjoys it as a hobby.