I'm a bad guy?

OK... my wife, some of her friends, and I were all chatting about the good ol' days of college and dating. During the session, I mentioned that one of my rules when dating was that if I didn't get a kiss at the end of the first date, there would be no second.

Except for my wife (who obviously got to a second date), all the other ladies got angry at me! Yelling (no, not really yelling, but you know...) about how I may have dated wonderful women who simply didn't believe in kissing on the first date, and how I blew them off for my shallow rules, yada, yada, yada.

WTF?

(And we're all still friends and all... it was just a friendly argument.)

Most Helpful Guy

• They probably thought it was abit harsh, as if you were putting your needs first, but everyone has their own guidelines I don't think anyone should really judge someone for it. I don't see why they would go on about it if you they are friends of you wife, would that mean that they are sort of willing you on to have picked someone else? I don't make much sense of that bit...

What Girls Said 1

• well it looks like you got the girl you needed in your wife. so I don't see why you're complaining.

What Guys Said 1

• I had the same rule. Most good girls will kiss a guy at the end of a first date. I don't think you "missed out" on any "good girls." They were probably just mad you had "dating rules."