Crushing on a guy, don't know what to do next?

So I met this guy recently (about 2 weeks ago), and I'm crushing on him hard. I'd like to start seeing him but I don't know how to properly approach the situation at this point.

We met at a cafe. He was amongst a group of people who me and my friend (another girl) had just become acquainted with that day. I got everyone's numbers/Facebooks but I've only really been making an effort to text him for the past two weeks. We haven't really had any conversations over text cause I'm trying to keep things chill but I did ask him if him and his friends wanted to come out with me and my friend (different friend) last weekend and he came.

His texts have been sweet and friendly and when he takes some time to reply he says sorry and gives a reason even though I didn't ask for one. He seems like a nice, outgoing guy but I'm having a harder time reading him than most guys. Granted, he is older than me by a couple years (I'm 19, he is 22) and I've only seen him twice so far. The good things I'm picking up are that he made an effort to come out on the weekend with me, his texts are nice, he spent extra time with me and my friend taking public transit with us when he didn't necessarily need to, and he told me after the last time I saw him that he had fun and next time I can come over to his house if I'm up for it (hopefully that just means he is open to me and not trying to just hook up). I know those are good signs but now im having trouble on what to do next.

I sent him a text yesterday asking if he had Snapchat and he never answered... Its putting me off a bit, but I can ignore it as long as I can figure out how to smoothly work around it. Any ideas?

Should I message him a couple days down the road acting like I never asked and see what he's up to this weekend? Or should I try and start a casual conversation? Should I wait? How do I recover from basically being denied his Snapchat? How do I get him out without being needy?

What Guys Said 1

• "I got everyone's numbers/Facebooks but I've only really been making an effort to text him for the past two weeks."

^incudin his? so who asked first then?

so have u texted him at all?

"We haven't really had any conversations over text cause I'm trying to keep things chill but I did ask him if him and his friends wanted to come out with me and my friend (different friend) last weekend and he came."

^i see... do u believe he might figured out somehow u might like him then?

"His texts have been sweet and friendly and when he takes some time to reply he says sorry and gives a reason even though I didn't ask for one. "

^very good then... he's not ignorin u... ;)

" He seems like a nice, outgoing guy but I'm having a harder time reading him than most guys. Granted, he is older than me by a couple years (I'm 19, he is 22) and I've only seen him twice so far."

^then it's pretty early to read him... don't u think so?

"The good things I'm picking up are that he made an effort to come out on the weekend with me"

^yet only as "friends" though...

"his texts are nice, he spent extra time with me and my friend taking public transit with us when he didn't necessarily need to"

^it means he wants to spend more time wid u then... very good sign... ;)

"and he told me after the last time I saw him that he had fun and next time I can come over to his house if I'm up for it (hopefully that just means he is open to me and not trying to just hook up). I know those are good signs but now im having trouble on what to do next."

^i'm afraid invitin u to his house might be for hookin up... hope i'm being wrong here though... :|

"I sent him a text yesterday asking if he had Snapchat and he never answered... Its putting me off a bit, but I can ignore it as long as I can figure out how to smoothly work around it. Any ideas?"

^i see... maybe he's afraid u might start checkin his activity maybe?

"Should I message him a couple days down the road acting like I never asked and see what he's up to this weekend? Or should I try and start a casual conversation? Should I wait? How do I recover from basically being denied his Snapchat? How do I get him out without being needy?"

^just ask y he denied givin u his snapchat... he should have a reason about it and u need to know...

and nope u won't sound needy at all... :)

What Girls Said 0