Is it okay to date if I don't agree with homosexuality?

Weird question, I know. See, I'm homeschooled which makes it hard to find a boyfriend, but I finally found this great guy who seems to like me. The only problem is he's bi and I don't agree with homosexuality. I'm not a homophone or anything. I'm not saying being gay is right or wrong; its just my personal moral code I have and don't push on anyone else. This guy doesn't know it yet but I know I'll have to say it eventually. I'm pretty sure he'll hate me afterwards too. In the area I live in, you have to be politically correct or you'll be an outcast. I actually have hardcore liberal friends that respect my opinion, but they're from out of state. Heck, people hated me so much in school I had to be taken out of it twice. So, I don't get mad at people who agree with gay marriage. I actually respect them in a way since they're standing up for themselves. But once people hear my opinion they avoid me like I'm some hobophobe. I feel like an awful person, and maybe I am, but I can't help it. It's just my opinion. All the people around me are supporters of gay marriage, so is there any way around this problem? P. S. Please respect my opinion. I'll respect yours. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not just go out with him, it's jst a date, you're not getting married. You might have a good time, you might even learn a few things about another person even if you disagree with being homosexual. It's really not a big deal to go out with him but you should probably be willing to be upfront with him about how you feel and let him decide what he wants to do to.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't just "disagree" with homosexuality, since it is a natural phenomenon. Anyway, if you don't want to be with someone who is bisexual, no one forces you to. It's your right to be with whoever you want to be.

What Guys Said 4

• you are allowed your point of view, simple as that. No one should be forced into agreeing if they do not believe in it, that is the sign of a democratic society

• Being homophobic is alright ,

Ignoring other good qualities because you are homophobic, is ignorance.

Nobody is perfect, you should give this thing a try.

• If he asks you directly why you don't want to be with him, I have no problem with being honest, I guess. But, you could easily let him down without getting into his sexual orientation.
    Or is this just a friend thing? In which case, I;d have to ask what's the big deal if you're friend is bi?

• No, I do want to ask him out. I just don't want to make him uncomfortable or make him upset. I think I should've been more clear in my question.

• Yes that is perfectly fine.

What Girls Said 0