Is it weird that my boyfriend is old enough to be my dad?

I'm 18and he's is 35 ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's extremely weird. But a lot of things are weird and harmless. This however is rarely one of those things. Generally speaking older guys (and women) who date people significantly younger than them do it because for some reason they won't or can't date someone their own age and I've never heard an excuse for that that didn't sound creepy, crazy, or cruel. But it's your life. In all honesty I think you already knew something was off before you even asked.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is sorta bizarre, because in most cases where the girl is barely legal and the guy is like twice her age, the guy is usually just using her, cause let's be real, why would a 35 y/o man be genuinely interested in an 18 y/o girl? They're in completely different places in life. That being said, maybe your situation is different and it's actually sincere. As long as it's legal, it's fine.

• Woah! Nvr thought that ma baby Diana would be this wise :O
      Im amazed! Infact it made this fragile little heart grow out an inch 💘
      Truly an amazing sad gurl w dirty thoughts 😂😂😂

• @Keyspirits I'll never call you my boyfriend, hun.

• Baby i craii 😭😭😭

What Guys Said 17

• It will bring it's own set of additional problems but isn't weird.

• No it's fine to me. Age is just a number, we can't help who we fall in love with so go for it as long as you're both happy that's all that matters in life is your private life and has fuck all to do with anyone else.
    If your family and friends say anything about it just tell them to pipe the fuck down.

• What in the actual fawk O_O'
    U call that ur 'boifriend' xD

• If a 17 year old is old enough to be your dad then you must be living in a southern state. You are at 2 different points in your life though. That much of an age gap does not really have long term potential.

• It's peculiar but there are stories of such cases working so if your relationship is really solid, go for it!

• I think you do otherwise you wouldn't care what we think

• yes, it totally is.

• No. Not weird!

• It's weird that you're asking.

• I've seen worse

• whatever you like i guess.. isn't biggest gap i have heard of

• Not at all.

• I think so yes

• well I know a 16 year old who married a 31 year old. it wasn't too weird for them...

• Very.

filler

• It's borderline pedophilia. You're just lucky you're 18. I don't agree with that range, but, I don't control your body. I can only tell you what I think of it

• that's hot ;) i bet u call him daddy ;)

What Girls Said 16

• Yeah, it's a bit weird. Honestly, I would not trust a man's intentions who is that much older when you are that young... The age gap is less of a factor as you get older, but you're barely even a legal adult... it's creepy.

• I mean it's not like you see it everyday, however if thats what you like then you go girl.

• Not weird, but if you see it going long-term be prepared to see him get grey and old and sickly. You'll be in the prime of your life and he'll be dying off.

• yeah its weird

• That's a bit odd

• I wonder what is his real agenda?

• yes... that's a 17 year difference.

• The age may bring a lot of barriers, since you are in different places at the moment and come from different generations. Where you dating when you were underage? Its too much of an age gap.

• I would say yes because I have seen some 18 years old girls being really immature, specially in relationships.

But then some are very mature. So it depends on each individual.

• If you're asking... Then maybe you think it is as well.

• Yes, it's weird to me.

• Not that weird no

• Yes and disgusting. Ew

• I would say yes, but not on your part. I know that many people think age is just a number; but, you are in two different generations. I'm 29 and there are some 35 year olds I can't relate to. Not only is there an age difference; but differences in social culture, intelligence, experience, and wisdom. I find it odd that a 35 year old man would want to date an 18 year old woman.

• Yes it's weird

• Not, it's not. The gap isn't even that big.