If everyone you know hated your partner would you stop dating them?

For some reason your friends and family hate the person you are dating. would that make you stop dating them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope the rest of them can go fuck themselves. I'm not going to make myself miserable and seriously depressed to make them happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a friend that I can not stand his wife, but I have to admit that she is the best thing to have happened to him,

I personally never bad mouthed her to him or anyone else, I just told him and other friends that I did not now why but I just did not like her and most of our mutual friends said they did not like her either.

He would have been a fool, to have let me and others not liking her. Stop him from dating than marring her, as she helped him get his life moving in a positive direction and away from the destructive path he was on before she came into his life.

What Girls Said 22

• I think it depends on their reasons. If literally everyone I know hates them and they give me valid reasons for it, then there's obviously something wrong with them. So many people who have my best interests at heart having a bad feeling about this person can't all be wrong.

• Lol when my boyfriend and I first started dating no one liked it. His family hated me, my family was leery of him, his friends were leery of me, my friends hated him... and yet here we are, 4 years later. :)

• They wouldn't hate them for no reason. I'd find out the reasons out of curiosity but at the end of the day, if I like them and it works, who cares what everyone else thinks, if I'm happy then it doesn't matter.

• It depends on their reasons for hating him.

If they hate him because, say for example, he has dreadlocks, and no one in my family or friend circle likes dreadlocks, and therefore hate him, then I'd stay with him because his hair doesn't completely define who he is.

If they hate him because, another example, he abuses animals, or he has flirted/hit on one or multiple friends/family members behind my back, then absolutely I'd stop dating them.

• HELL NO. I'm not a weak ass pussy who's easily influenced by other people's opinions. If I choose that person, I'm staying with them no matter what others think. What matters to me is that I like them.

• my family are kind and logical, if all my friends and all my family dislike him then there's probably a good reason, if it's just my parents then no I would fight for him obviously, but if more 20 people think i'm dating a bad person... chances are I should be careful.

I'm saying reasons aside from religion difference but stuff like, everyone thinking I'm heading into an abusive relationship for example.

that and it's easier to not fight and lose all my friends and family.

• Nope. I would never find someone like him again so they would need to adapt.

• If my guy is treating me right, respectful, faithful, and overall a good boyfriend.

Lol HELL NO. It's non of their business. I wouldn't care what they think. Plus it's rare to find a good, passionate, faithful, respectful guy. I'll be stupid to dump him for someone's else approval

• It would really depend on the reason why they hate him.

• There's not a single person /thing in this world that can take me away from my boyfriend. My sister hates him... My friends aren't his biggest fans but they get on. But I would never in a million years give him up for anything. So they can dislike and hate him as much as they like... I will always defend my man

• Nope. I'm not in the relationship with them. I mean if they had valid reason then maybe, but probably not.

• i would find out their reasons and then make my decision on him because it does not matter how they feel it matters how i feel

• I would be concerned and would listen to their opinions to see if they have valid points.

• All my friends and family DO hate the person im dating.

• No, it wouldn't.

Everyone I know hates the guy I'm crushing on, but that doesn't make me like him any less.

• i would tell them that everyone hates them and that it is going to ruin our relationship in the long run because i am very close with my family and friends. if they don't trust someone, they're probably right.

• no. everyone else can fuck off.

• No I'll marry them immediately cause I love to make everyone angry. that'll be so fun.

• No I wouldn't unless there was a good reason why they hated him.

• Yes, clearly they are seeing something that you aren't/don't know about them yet...

• Honestly no. That would make me defend him even more.

• Nope...
    ...

What Guys Said 16

• i would consider the reasons they dislike the partner and try to objectively decide whether those reasons were valid enough for me to re-consider dating that person.

so I wouldn't necessarily stop but I would certain consider their reasons and opinions

• They wouldn't hate her for no reason. So I would ask them why they hated her. After they give me their hopefully logical answers, I would start observing her more to see if what they were saying was true.

If they're right, then yeah I would break up with her. If they're wrong, I would tell them to go fuck themselves.

• i know now, if this happens to break up with them!
    Seriously! if everyone else hates them its probably for a good reason, that you are too delusional to see!

Everyone hated my ex... she ended up cheating on me, everyone said i could do better and that she didn't deserve me etc... But i was so in love with her, non of their opinions mattered, now i take those opinions very seriously

• For this situation, it TOTALLY depends on the reasons why all these people hate my significant other.

My dad remarried a woman that NOBODY in our family liked (and my family is open with everyone and very friendly)... turns out she really was bad news. Too bad it took my dad so long to see the light.

• It would really depend on their reason. Like, do they know something I don't?

Unless they had a vald reason that was a turn off for *me* too, then no, I wouldn't stop being with that person. I can think and act on my own.

• It should make you think twice. It depends on why they dislike him. If they dislike him because they think he treats you badly, they are probably right. If they dislike him because he is of a different race or religion, then they could be wrong.

• Nah I make my own decisions.

• My parents loathed my first girlfriend, and with good reason.

I never noticed until the break up...

Kids, pay attention to your parents, they now you better than you do yourself.

• I would want to know why everyone found my partner so offensive.

• yes. if a beech i hated everywhere then she ain't good.

• I don't think so.

• nope!!! If my family and friends didn't like my girlfriend, then that is their opinion and that is not gonna change the fact that I love her, so they need to get use to it

• I wouldn't care, as long as I loved them

• Other people's opinions are none of my business.

• Nope, it is my life not theirs.

• Everyone hated my girlfriend. I ignored them and it turned about bad for me. The truth was I knew her heart and I knew who she could be. They knew her actions and had no problem seeing that her behavior was unhealthy and would cause issues for me. They were right. I was miserable. I had to leave. Fast forward and I found out I was right. She eventually took steps to change her behavior and grew into the wonderful women I knew she could be but it took me leaving her and a few more negative experiences to get her there. So to this day I listen to my own gut but I never ignore the opinions of friends and family.