How many times have you been asked out?

I have been seeing a lot of stuff recently about guys not getting asked out by girls, and girls getting asked out a lot. I am not surprised at all since women still expect guys to ask them out for the most part, but I would like to see what the relationship is between women getting asked out to men.

Before you answer, keep in mind that they had to have asked you out. Hinting or being straightforward in telling you to ask them out doesn't count. If you ask someone out knowing they will say yes that also doesn't count as being asked out because you still did the asking.

• I have been asked out more then 8 times
  • I have been asked out 4 to 8 times
  • I have been asked out 2-3 times
  • I have been asked out once
  • I have never been asked out
Wow these are very interesting results. I am actually surprised at the number of guys who have been asked out, since I dont personally know any guys that have been asked out, I didn't think it was as common. Anyway currently, according to the poll, as of writing this it still looks like guys dont get asked out as much as about 66% of guys have never been asked out compared to 16% of women. And 78% of guys have been asked out 1 time or less, compared to 20% of women.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been asked out, like, three times. Not very many, haha. How sad.

• Its fine; I've never been asked out haha, thats 3 times more then me that you have been asked out.

• Haha, us girls are chicken when it comes to asking people out. :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted, "I have never been asked out," but I guess technically speaking I've been asked out 2 times (once in middle school and once a few months ago on instant message), but both times it was by some psycho girl that has issues that I had no interest in or had any attraction for.

• What makes her psycho? A
      And how did you let her down?

• I may have been asked out more than average it seems just by going by the number of ask-outs, so to speak, but holistically, I have received practically no interest at all from girls in my whole life.

• Thank you for explaining.

I think her being shy but asking you out makes sense ebc it's easy to talk over computers than In real life when you're shy... And she any ahev just liked you enough to want to try arelstiosmhip hoping it'd get easier after a while people do do that- get together and hope for they best- but only when they actually lik each other:) But I get why you didn't like her -and that's fine

What Girls Said 30

• The number is close to zero. I've been asked out a few times, but I'm sure that most of them (if not all) were just joking :S

• I don't like when guys ask me out on the street, I look away and don't give eye contact. . . However I don't know what you mean by wanting to be my boyfriend, or dating, or just for my number?

• Yeah tbh thats just to blunt and almost borderline creepy.

• At least nine times. If you count being asked out over the internet (like online dating and social sites, not like an irl friend asking over IM), then it would be higher. I don't know, it doesn't really feel like a lot compared to some of my friends, who are constantly dating, you know? But I am really glad that I usually don't have to make the first move, because I'd be too scared. >.<

• Only once in person. I've been flirted with and come onto, but never technically asked out. I've been asked out a lot online :P

• I've been asked out about 2 times, but I rejected both of them because I didn't think we would be a good match.

My personality is a bit difficult because I'm dominant, which rules out the majority of men right off the bat.

For what it's worth, I do ask out guys. That's why my boyfriend and I are together. But it seems like the majority of women are content with sitting back and waiting.

I usually prefer to ask out a guy rather than having a guy ask me out, perhaps it's because I don't fit in the typical gender roles?

• I think in my entire 23 years I've been asked out a grand total of once, when I was too young to drive and we needed an adult present to see an R rated movie.

• Like three times in my life lol

• It depends on what you consider asking out. You say hinting doesn't count, but what if he's asking a loaded question, and you know if you answer it right, he'll ask (I've had this quite a few times with friends, but never from someone I liked back, so I answered "wrong")? Do total strangers with corny pick up lines count? Do homosexuals count if you are heterosexual?

• I voted A.

• More than eight but i have asked out guys too.

• Don't know, never keep track of the numbers, but definitely more than 8 times.

• I get asked for my number or to take me out at least 3-5 times a week but I also work with customers and the majority of those are from my job combined with a couple of random guys from stores etc.. I don't really go anywhere else lol

• I have been asked out a lot.

But the guy I WANT to be asked out by, rarely does :P LOL..

I wonder why :P

• i was asked out once by a guy when i was 13 to go see a movie (that was the only reason i went) and thennnnn another time for prom but I don't know if that counts

• I've never been asked out.

• Only twice hahaha. And It was years ago 😂

• I've been asked out a lot. I work with the public and men hit on me all the time. I don't keep track.

• 2 times today. I'm just going to assume you mean how many times have you been asked out today.

• In my whole life I think 3?

• Like.. 2 times.

• Only 2 or 3 times

• Countless times.

• 7 times and I said no to them expect to one of them and he is my ex now😅😅😅😅

• i get ask out everyday im so shy i just smile and blush

• I have been asked many times but only went out with one... coz I loved him

• Never ever. I'm not good enough for anyone.

• I've been asked out more than 8 times for sure. I can't keep track of it.

• 8 but I have only dated 2

• I don't know, a lot. Picked the first option. I've asked out a few guys as well.

• Never. ...

What Guys Said 24

• I have been asked out by 4 girls, and I have asked out one girl (and got rejected).

Strange thing is, all these girls asked me out when I was a fat, unattractive slob, during my early 20s. Have been single for almost 5 years now, and haven't asked anyone out during this time.

• "I am actually surprised at the number of guys who have been asked out"

Well, I voted 2-3. but technically I've never been asked out. I voted 2-3 because twice they made it clear they wanted to go out with me, but never actually asked. So I figured that was close enough.

I'm surprised it's as high as it is also. I'm wondering how many other guys are using a loose definition of being asked out.

• I've never been asked out. I'm not sure if people have really ever shown interest me actually. I can think of one person that maybe, just maybe, had a crush on me...

... yep. That's about it.

• I've been asked out once, and it was by some girl in the special needs program at our high school. I've been hit on before, but mostly by gay guys. One of them yelled at me from across the room "stop being so f****ing gorgeous!"

• Does it count if I asked my crush if she wants to get lunch, and she was busy, then a few weeks later she asked me if I still wanted to get lunch?

• None. No girl has ever asked me out. I did realize interest many times but they never made a move. I always had to do all the job...

• So many times I've lost count... oh wait, no, I've only been asked out once... xD

• I'm actually suprised by how many guys have been asked out plenty of times. I'm mid way through university, and although I have had girls who have made it very obvious they would say yes, none of them have actually asked. (hence my answer of 0)

• once and she was outta my league lol, there is this one girl at the univ whom I am pretty sure has a crush on me through common friends and all and there seems to be a bit of tension when we bump into each other lol but thats about it

• Never, and never will be

• I'm not even sure how many times I have been asked out, it's lots though, certainly more then 8.

• over 20 times by strippers... sometimes i just want to sit and enjoy the show and some beech annoys me with her shiity game.

in my head i'm like beech... i don't want to talk to you...

• Maybe like 7 to 8 times I used to be a real catch and hot back in my day.

• I've been asked out constantly, like all the time man you don't even understand the number o-*starts sobbing violently*

• Never.

I blame the fact that I'm shy and submissive, it seems that there are very few women who like that.

• exactly 0 times

• Once with my ex, once with a girl who I honestly don't even know why she went out with me.

• I've never been asked out and I don't see that ever changing.

• I think I asked a girl out once? Meh

• 5 times :)

• I've never been asked out, sucks :(

• I would like to qualify my "never" answer above. It was never by normal women, but 4 times I had women trying to steal me from my girlfriend (of the time), swearing to "take you off into the bushes and F you", or some such anti-social, inconvenient behavior, in my gf's presence!!! I can't really *count* those.

• See the poll results? This is a little thing I like to call female priviledge :)

• I vote E.

filler