Would you marry a girl/ guy that can not cook?

My friend keep telling me that is embarrasing because I don't cook. I tried but i suck.
I am almost 19 and my boyfriend does all the job, he tried to teach me but I burned myself so now I just cut the vegetables.
Is more important than srive, sex, etc?

Most Helpful Girl

• I suck at it too. I keep burning stuff. So I will marry someone who not only knows how to cook but loves to cook as well.

Or else we both would be starving!

What Guys Said 10

• My wife can cook, I could burn water on a stove that is off, but my wife can't fix the car and I can.

Work as a team and capitalize on your strengths, both individually and together. Don't worry about your own shortcomings or focus on his. There should be things you each do well, each need help on and each suck at. Just do your best to ensure all three of these lists are somewhat different for both of you.

• as long as she's willing to learn its fine. I have had several gfs who don't cook but learned to make my favorite foods for me which I appreciate. she doesn't have to be a chef but if she's dumb enough to burn water I don't want to pass on those genes.

• I would. I don't cook, so I can't expect others to cook. We'd sure find a way to eat... or learn together.

• I don't understand being unable to cook. It's such a basic life skill. I don't expect people to be gourmet chefs, but if you can't scramble an egg or boil pasta, how do you eat? Do you subsist on frozen TV dinners and fast food? I don't want those kinds of habits in my life.

• I don't put a whole lot of emphasis on cooking.
    I consider some of the easiest dishes to also be the tastiest.
    Why kill most of the day cooking something I will be indifferent about in the end when I can just rub a fish throw it on a grill sprinkle with lemon and eat it with salad in the next 15 minutes.

• As long as one of the partners in the relationship can cook there isn't any problem. Or hopefully you make enough money to eat out a lot lol. But I don't think you should feel bad bc you can't cook. Most people can only make a few dishes anyhow!

• But why can you learn to become at least functional

I think your giving up too early and looking to just not do it

• I wish ma baby can cook tho or we'd be starve to death in the zombie apocalypse :/

• sure I'd do that.
    my cooking skills aren't great either but I'd be willing to improve them.

• no because i have to be around food 24/7

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I would. I love to cook. My boyfriend can cook simple meals and does cook when I'm not feeling well. But I do more complex and bigger meals. If he couldn't it wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

• I wouldn't care that wouldn't change how i feel about them. If anything i would have fun trying to teach them how to cook. :)

• No baby girl. Some woman just suck in the kitchen. I'm on of them but thank the lord I was paired with a man that can & loves to cook his butt off. 😊i just make up for it with other household chores.

• Yes definitely, if you love each other!!!