Is age a problem in this situation?

I'm 16 and 4 m. (If that makes a difference to you guys). The guy that I like (and he likes me) turns 19 next month. I'm going into my senior year and he just started his freshman year in College. We're both very mature, and I have a good head on my shoulders. We met at work and started to have in depth conversations, they progressed into a mutual attraction to each other. We complete each other, and he means the world to me. But people's reactions aren't so nice. They say if he's attracted to someone of my age, he's a pervert, and that he can do better... I don't want to hear "Wait a couple years." We are in love NOW. by the way, this is not including physcical contact, but if it means anything... the legal age of consent here is 15. Do you guys find a problem with our ages, if so... why?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not in any way is it a problem! There are no fixed ages for starting relationships. If this is the right guy for you, then no one has the right to deny you being together. It's only 2 1/2 years difference. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things. In a few years, everyone will wonder what the fuss was about!

What Guys Said 5

• I don't find a problem with it, it's not even that large of an age difference.
    The only real argument against this is that at your age you'r not able to understand the decisions you make, that is your unable to make that decision so the man must be tricking you into being with him.
    Neither of you will be able to escape what others think of the situation, you will be victimised while he is vilified.

• Half your age plus seven for youngest you can date. Still weird to me, but more power to you

• Half her age is 8yrs 2 mo. Add 7 years gives 15 years 2 months! Younger than she is? WTF?

• @dogbert444 that's why I said for the youngest you can date. So it's fine for him, and close enough for her too I guess. You're supposed to subtract 7 and multiply by two for how old. And he's only slightly over that

• WHERE DO YOU LIVE THEN? For the legal age to be 15? What country and which province or city?

• If you are a minor or not in your region that is the only thing that matters. Legal obligations.

• He needs to be super careful because even though the age shit shouldn't matter in situations like yours... there is a massive list of innocent males on the sex offender list for simply being over 18 and having a girlfriend under 18.

What Girls Said 2

• i don't think there's anything wrong. you guys are barely 3 years apart, which is fine. and the legal age is 15 so i think it's totally okay. you guys are close enough in age and maturity, and only one grade apart. i wouldn't stress about it!

• Well I don't think it should be a problem, 16 with 19 does seem a little weird but that would clear up once you turn 17.