Have you ever pretended to hate everything your S/O says?

Most people think I'm kind of funny and like my personality. My boyfriend recently told me he disagrees with me and puts me down out of spite. It sucks because when I'm just being me he rejects me.

I'm a great cook and I clean, he reinforces these behaviors. But when I'm being goofy which is the heart of who I am he rejects me. Lately I've been acting dumb just to see how he would take it and he loves it. But when I'm me he gets cold.

He's the only person that reacts that way to my personality. Why is he even with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, i never pretend to hate or dislike things my so says. If it's coming out of me like that it's because she is getting on my nerves and I'm just not able to contain it. When I get to that point I'm not much longer in the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the better question should be, why are you with him? I've never realized how goofy I was until being in a relationship with my boyfriend. Most people have seen a good portion of who I am, but not really the whole package. I have to say being with someone who accepts, admires, and adores the things that make up you is one of the most liberating, and freeing things I can think of. It's amazing to be fully accepted and knowing that you're loved for it no matter how weird, or crazy, or sloppy you are. You deserve better dear, if you can't be yourself and he can't be happy with that aspect of you then he is incapable of giving you complete love. Talk to him about it and reevaluate the relationship you are in. If he can't get over it then he needs to find someone he's more compatible for and you need to do the same. You shouldn't be put down and belittled for having a different colored soul than his.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know why he's with you. The real question is "Why are you with him?" He doesn't seem to like you very much.

• THE REAL QUESTION IN

Why are you with him?

NOT

WHY IS HE WITH YOU?

• You don't sound good for each other.

• Th at is absolutely not someone you want to be around, long term will really damage youraself esteem

• Why are you with him?

• Yeah no offense seems like he should appreciate you better maybe remind him

• WHO'S THE MATURE ONE?

• It's ok to disagree with people, butttt don't put ten down either. People like to know that you have your own kind about things but that they're are respected not shunned

What Girls Said 6

• Leave him...

• Why are you even with him is my question?

• He seems like he is trying to change you. Confront him first and if that doesn't work dump him. And find someone who loves you for you. Just judging by your writing you seem like an amazing girl. Tons of guys would die to be with you.

• I don't think he's pretending. I think he genuinely dislikes you.

You don't need a crappy guy like that. It's better to be alone that with that guy

• That sounds like abuse to me, to be honest - and I've lived through something similar so I can speak from experience. Never be with someone who tries to squash your personality in that way.

• Hmmm that's a very good point. I know he would never hit me and he doesn't verbally abuse me but I guess this is a form of emotional abuse. And I could see it getting worse in the future. Him purposely disregarding my feelings or even doing things to piss me off. He already does things to try and make me jealous.

• I survived a great deal of emotional abuse - it can be very scarring. I recommend getting out ASAP.

• Maybe some of your comments are being kind of mean and he is getting tired of it..