Should I Go On This Date?

I met a guy at a party about a week ago. He was sweet and cute, but there wasn't a connection on my side. He got my number and we have been texting a lot lately, trying to get to know each other. After several days, I have discovered that we don't have anything in common. And not in the cute "opposites attract" way but rather in a way that I don't think we have any real common ground. We have fun talking, but when we get into conversations about things we like/dislike, our hobbies, etc., the conversation goes cold. Even after that, he still asked me out on a date but I already had plans. I know he is going to ask me out again (everyone is telling me that he is really into me) but I'm not sure what I should do. I've been single for a while and it's nice to have a guy want to take me out, and I don't want to seem snobby or picky. But at the same time, I don't see this going anywhere and I don't feel like it's fair to him if I go on the date, spend his money, waste his time, when I don't see it going anywhere at all. If I don't go, then I feel like I'm not allowed to complain about being single. But also, what guy wants a girl to say yes to a date if she doesn't even see it going anywhere? My friends are mad that I don't want to go, but I think if they actually met him they would understand why I'm holding back. I think I'm going to feel bad no matter what I do... I just need help choosing the lesser of two evils. Thoughts?

• Go on the date, maybe you're wrong
  • Don't go on the date, it's not fair to him

What Guys Said 1

• If it is not right it is not right hope it comes out right for you

What Girls Said 0