Do guys care if you're bisexual?

Honestly, if you're a girl that is bisexual and you're dating a guy, is it really something that you should bring up in conversation? Does it even matter? I honestly want to know.

• I would want to know if a girl was bisexual
  • Don't tell me! I don't want to know, and if you tell me I'd hate it!
  • I don't really care either way
  • I think she should just do what she feels comfortable with

Most Helpful Guy

• Actual bisexuality is usually not a problem. There is a chance that a self identified bisexual (man or woman) is really homosexual but has not come to terms with that fact yet. Given the relative proportion of bisexuals to homosexuals, chances are more than fair of encountering a confused homosexual versus an actual bisexual.

That is one risk.

A second risk lays in the fact that there are twice as many people available for you to cheat with.
    Your actual relationship history is what matters here. If you are consistently loyal within a relationship, you are ok.

• How many options someone has shouldn't matter. All it takes is a single person. And most people can find at least one person to cheat with if they really want to cheat.

• @lumos

I am reminded by the plot line involving Ross at the beginning of the Friends series. He is married and has a child with a woman. They divorce when she comes to realize she is a lesbian. Presumably, this could happen with any woman, but the risk is greater with an individual that has already expressed attraction to their same gender. The same risks apply with a man in the same situation.

One thing I meant to add to my previous comment was this. Cheating is a function of will and opportunity. It may be sad to think it, but a portion of the population does not cheat because they lack opportunity. An affirmative decision to not act on temptation may never have been made. Then, when temptation does arrive, the excuse becomes "It just happened". This is a common scenario. Cheating does not only occur because someone sets out to have an affair. Poor planning, combined with human weakness mixed with opportunity yields bad results.

• @lumos

Another illustration to help:

I served in the US Navy and went on a number of cruises and deployed twice (6 months each time). Six hundred men in a metal box in the ocean do not have the chance to cheat if they are heterosexual.

Comparatively, the profession most likely to cheat is a college professor that is male.

This is not because male college professors are on average, shittier people than the average sailor. The difference is opportunity. Ultimately, your partner doesn't care why you don't cheat, just that you don't. Although, mentioning the lack of opportunity as being your reason is probably not wise.

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably doesn't matter to him but it is something you should share with him

What Guys Said 34

• It is something I'd want to know, but it wouldn't bother me. I'll still be straight, but hey-- if they are into dudes and they are a girl, I see no problem.
    However, yes, I'd rather figure it out now at the start than make it feel like a tightly kept secret.

• Honestly, i would be careful with that one, because it may cause the guy to to think that you just said to him that you are up for a threesome (some guys are that simple minded).
    It shouldn't really matter to him either way, he should be happy that you are with him, and that's that.

• I'd like to know, but I don't care if she is bisexual or not. The reason I'd like to know is because it's something important about her, therefore as her boyfriend I'd like to know everything that makes her who she is.
    It doesn't affect if I want to date her or not.

• unfortunately there are men who will not date you because bisexuals have the reputation of being promiscuous and likely to cheat, Men also feel scared that their bi girlfriend will leave them for another woman which is not only hurtful but also emasculating. I for one don't give a damn. i like a girl for who she is and the reputation is unfair. I've dated bisexuals and heck I've even dated women that are lesbian leaning (i was their only guy). If she's straight, bi, heck even a lesbian that is attracted to me for some reason, I don't care, if this girl likes me for who i am and is just cool who the fuck cares. There was a time I felt emasculated by it because i have some features that are not so manly like; long eyelashes, higher pitched voice then most men, small wrists, petite frame, moles aka beauty marks on my face, but I've learned to love who i am and the woman I attract is the woman I attract no matter what she is.

• @Alfonso666
      How so?

• @Alfonso666
      how was I mean to you, you started it. So you can dish it out but can't take it... pathetic

• @Alfonso666
      "Planning on trying to boost up your ego pretending you have a low voice"

Actually I found out that I suffered from something called puberphonia, I got speech therapy for it and my voice is a lot deeper now

• Its kinda a dealbreaker for me.. its not like I have something against them, Im pretty open minded and cool with it. But in a relationship it will be a problem for me since I get more competitors, there isn't only a chance to get cheated on from 1 gender, she feels attracted to both, so the chance that there is someone else she likes is higher. Its the double amount actually! 2 genders! Thats too much stress for me.

• I'd like to know and you don't have to worry, it would just be me knowing you better and it doesn't make a difference to me.

Personally i value openness in a relationship, i want my girlfriend to know me trough and trough and i want to know every bit of her aswell. It helps create a strong bond.

• It wouldn't bother me, but I think she should tell me if we're getting at all serious. I mean virtually no one is "perfectly bisexual" everyone tends to lean a little one way of the other. Even most straight people lean a little. It would make a difference to know that she was mostly lesbian, but was going out with me till she met a girl she liked better, or that she was mostly straight and would be happy with me, but might find girls attractive from time to time.

• You are 13. I would not believe whatever you told me. It could be a fad, it could be more serious, who knows, who cares. Let's talk again when you are old enough for people to take you serious anyway. I don't mean to sound rude, but that's just how I feel about people your age.

• Why would she lie about her sexuality just because she's 13?

• I'm 14 and I know for sure I'm pansexual, I may not have physically experienced every gender but I know for sure I'm attracted to every gender. I've know since I was 10, you don't have to be older than 13 to know what you want lol..

• But I see where you're coming from. :)

• When guys find out there girl is bisexual they are automatically thinking about how to propose a 3 some with you.

• I'm fine with her being bisexual as long as she realizes that cheating is cheating, regardless of gender.

• Part of meh is leaning towards neutral.. it gives meh a sense of them highly and likely to cheat more..

• The idea of you with another woman might arouse me, but I don't see a problem with it.

• If I'm dating a girl, over the long term, I'll want to know everything. It is not something you need to be upfront about.

• If a girl is thirteen and thinks she's bisexual, I'd say she needs to relax, grow up, then start figuring things out.

• I'm sure the subject would come up sooner or later but the past usually doesn't concern me. If I'm into her and she is into me the fact she has munched some carpet in the past doesn't matter one iota.

• I'd want to know. But if she wants me and me want her in relationship it won't be the deciding factor

• I don't care, but I would like to know something like that before going any further.
    As long as she's not sexing other guys or girls, I'm good.

• I don't care, as long as she doesn't cheat on me. If some people know about it, I'd like to know, though.

• If it comes up it comes up, i don't really care either way but it IS a plus because it's just one more thing i can relate to her on

• It wouldn't bother me, I think it would be kind of neat if she and I could discuss how attractive other girls are.

• I wanna know it but's it doesn't bother. if it changes anything at all then to the positive

• Yes, they do because I did a poll like this on this website a week or so ago and most men said they wouldn't date a bisexual woman because they are concerned she would cheat on him

• Honestly, so many girls I meet claim to be bisexual, I don't even pay any attention to them any more.

I've met so many who claim it because it sounds "trendy".

• I'm not bisexual, so it doesn't matter.

• Yes I would want to know if my girlfriend was looking at other women the same way I do.

• Everybody knows that "bi sexual" girls are all just narcissistic attention whores.

• It is up to the girl to decide if she want to tell the guy she is dating that she is bisexual. To be honest, most of us guys won't care. In fact to be perfectly honest, some guys will find it a turn on.

• I wouldn't really care. I'm not exactly straight myself.

• yes it does

• Just because I'd want to know, doesn't mean I care. So long as she's sexual.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 5

• I'm bi curious lol and well I always ask the guy I'm with, would they consider me kissing a girl or doing something with them cheating? & some responded they would and some said they wouldn't mind , and there was those who said they wouldn't care as long as the can do something with them too lol but I'm stingy so I wouldn't want my boyfriend touching what's mine lol

• Usually they want to know because they think you're going to want to have a threesome with another woman then.

• in my experience they don't but I haven't read an accurate study on the matter

• well is it cheating for a girl in a straight relationship to play around with her girlfriend?

• Cheating is cheating. Just because somebody cheats with the same gender doesn't make it okay.

• not if she tells him/her

• I can tell you about bi. not sure it would be the same for bi. i had several guy friends that started treating me different after i came out.