Is it bad if my boyfriend doesn't have any trace of me as his girlfriend on Facebook? Or is that too shallow?

Some girlfriends on Facebook have at least some acknowledgement or some sort of inkling that she exists as a girlfriend oh their boyfriends' Facebook profiles. I know it's just Facebook, and not real life. He doesn't even let me tag him on Facebook because he has his privacy settings flagged so the pictures don't show up on his wall. Sometimes I just feel sad that I don't even have my name on his profile. I don't want to bring it up because it might be another fight that I don't want to fight about. I just wonder. When I asked him about it, he said Facebook doesn't matter.

On the otherhand, I've met all of his friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances. He introduced me as his girlfriend to those people, and strangers alike. He's very re-assuring that he wants to have me as his long-term partner.

What do you think?

• It matters!
  • It doesn't matter at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it just doesn't matter. I keep my Facebook as in a relationship, but I don't tag photos and don't refer to my girlfriend in anyway there. The people that are important to me know her and don't need to have it explained to them because they already met her. people that aren't so close really I just don't care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to him in a diplomatic way again, @emmashew and find out what is really going on behind the computer curtain.
    If he is not embarrassed to Introduce you to the Rest outside the book, then there has to be More in store with Facebook.
    Perhaps being such close quarters, he may not want Everyone else on there to know every little thing where he has to explain any messages with you both, post this and post that, and just be involved in all the romance redrick on this media Site that he Might not Like.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• Why do people confuse facebook and real life? I don't want facebook to know my life. I don't really care about my facebook "friends". The ones I care about I meet in real life. THEY would know my girlfriend. The others, I could not care less.

• I think if i had Facebook and a girlfriend.. I would want show her off on Facebook and be proud that I'm with her sure your bound to be sad.. I think some guys don't know how lucky they are to have a girlfriend in their life.

What Girls Said 1

• Some people dont like putting their personal life out there but he should have you there somehow. In a relationship status or something at least