Is it ok to ask a teacher in my school on a date?

Before you start to say student and teacher or something like that i'm a teacher and i teach chemistry in high school. And there's this man in my school and i really like him and i started to fall for him so i want to ask him out on a date but would it be ok to do it or he will think i'm weird and I should just move on and date someone outside my school?

• It's ok
  • It's not ok

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your dating life and your career should be kept separate if possible. You don't want a rejection to affect your friendship or feel awkward and if it does turn out okay and you date, would the school be comfortable with that? Only you can decide what solution best fits your situation, if you think he'd be up for it and that you could still act professional and appropriate in school then I would try but I do imagine that eventually something in the work place would affect the relationship.

What Guys Said 14

• You perhaps might have wanted to add "fellow" in front of teacher to avoid confusion.

Firstly, do you like teaching chemistry?

Secondly, I generally find it unwise to date people you work with. People who know me might say, "But Bluemax, you MARRIED a coworker!!!" To them I would say I only asked her out AFTER I started working at a different school.

We teachers need love, too! I would say it might be better to find love with someone you don't work with.

• It's up to you but make sure you think about all the possibilities before you decide. It could go either way but regardless of what his answer is, make sure you don't let it affect your career. If he rejects you, it could make things awkward. If he says yes, you'll still have to keep things professional in school and not let your relationship affect that.

• Well I did assume student you should put that in the title.

But it would still be a bad idea if your job is anything serious.

• Bad idea in which way?

• I think he is a little bit interested too

• That's not the point, even if initially everything great, your dating, la di da di da then you brake up later on. Now it's a bit more of a problem. Plus you're bringing all your drama to work.

• If it weren't for the politics of it I wouldn't really care any other way. But because of social flak you get both from a teacher's employers and society itself it's not a wise idea.

It's dumb, but can't do anything to help it. =/

• "Don't dip your pen in company ink"

• My old teacher and another teacher from high school were dating, got engaged, then married. No problems there.

• It depends on how capable you both are. If any worst care scenarios come to pass can you both continue working as you do without issue?

• Ooo hot wet teacher sex in the deans office sounds interesting

• Seriously?

• You're the one who's horny for a teacher and I don't blame you they're quite arousing "sigh" makes me wish I was back in high school hoping to get molested srry I'm just rambling on my fantasy but I say go for it because a teacher got married with another back in my high school and had a kid but just expect high school guys say dayum they went into a classroom for a quickie or other jokes haha

• He's kind of hot you know

• go for it.

• As long as the student is over legal age.

• Intra-office romances are always risky.

• fuck voted wrong. i know two teachers (one of them teaches chemistry also) that are currently engaged. so go for it. who gives a fuck.

• Employees shouldn't be dating employees, trust me

• It would be wise to get the idea out of your head. You should learn about the political and social machinations of the workplace. That's what you should be concerning yourself with (and of course your actual job).

And once you do that... you'll never consider dating at work again.

What Girls Said 6

• Sure, why not?

Unsurprisingly, it’s best to actually talk to a guy before you try to take him out. For one, you want to see if he’s even worth getting to know. Is he your type?

Can he hold up a conversation? For another, it’s one of the best ways to gauge whether he might be into you too, saving you from what could be a serious awkward-turtle moment.

Good luck.

• What if he says no

You got one life and you don't need my approval.

• I feel that he's a little interested too

• Well it's just a date if you get one with him. Not that you are going to marry him in future.

• I don't see why you can't. Surely it's like any other workplace? Personally I don't like to date within the workplace, but I met my boyfriend through work so you know.

Go for it. It might be the best thing you ever did

• my personal opinion is it's okay, but if you're the teacher, are you going to date a minor? and also I heard that there's a rule that personal relationship such as dating between Teacher and student is forbidden?

• I don't think people should date their co workers. I think dating and career life should be kept separate

• I though you were a student.. Teacher to teacher is fine, one of my first danish teachers married and had kids with a colleague.