How do I make my boyfriend make me feel more important to him when we're not together?

When we're together things are amazing but the minute we're apart I feel like he ignores me. Or he won't call or text me at all. It makes me feel like I'm a chore for him. He tells me that he's really happy with me and he can see it being forever but he doesn't show it when we're not spending time together. What do I do and how do I tell him how I feel without him getting defensive.

What Guys Said 2

• When you tell someone how you feel, tell them how you feel. Use 'I feel' sentences, rather than 'you make me feel' sentences. Some guys aren't big into texting, myself included. And it's possible he's a moments man where he lives in the moment. If he's with you, he's with you. If he's with other people, at another job, on the road, he is in those moments or dealing with those people. It's not perfect, but it's life. I suggest you talk about your communication and how that can improve. If you'd like him to text more, take your calls more, tell him that's what you need in the relationship. I just had a conversation with the girl I'm seeing about it. I told her that we need to have more frequent communication because I want to know how she's doing and I want her to know how I'm doing. It's important to me so I told her what is important. If it wasn't important to her, I wouldn't keep dating her. Tell him whats important to you.

• you can't, he has to do it on his own.

• Should I tell him how I feel?

• I don't think so. He works nights and almost all days he's off he spends with me. Plus he's not a cheater. He's told me one of his exes cheated on him and he would never do that to someone.

• just sounds like a cheater's behavior. in either case, he needs to put in more effort, you need to break up. he is not being fair, nor is healthy.

What Girls Said 1

• He might like having time to himself u should ask him!