Do you agree with this quote about dating?

"Dating is just faking your real self to another person till you are comfortable enough to reveal your real self and hope they like you enough to stay" Lol that seems so true

• True
  • Not true

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol true. Except I fake it for like 30 seconds and then the real me comes out and he's just going to have to deal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ofcourse! The 'Be yourself' nvr really works so people 'Fake their confidence' and try to be a diff person to meet te others expections.

What Girls Said 9

• I gotta be me from the start; every sarcastic quip, silly joke and my love of cartoons front and center on the first date. If he doesn't like it, move along and I will find someone who does. No need trying to hide who I really am.

• Yes and no. Some people build up a wall, only making someone special be able to break it down. That can go on, way before they even date

• Guys- are you concerned that over 50% of women think that is statement is true?

• not for me.. i''ll be myself from the beginning..

• If by fake self then you mean just the best side of you initially then yes, I believe that.

• No, that kind of defeats the whole point of dating in my eyes. Faking is just a waste of time.

• Interesting results

• Mostly true. As a shy introvert, I'm very quiet at first but force myself to be more engaging if I like the guy I'm dating. But when I am comfortable with anyone, I am more laid-back and funny (at least that's what they tell me).

• Some things are hard to fake, like if a guy has no car it's hard to fake being financially stable

What Guys Said 14

• I think it is true, and it's why I don't think I will ever get into the dating world.
    For me, I believe that the one girl I will eventually end up with, will be my best friend first, and then develop into my lover.

• i have always learned:to attract someone you like, you must extract that kinda of energy" meaning, who'm you are, what you do etc... is what eventually will attract others.

If you're the loud, turn up guy, you'll most likely be able to attract girls who are not shy aswell (models and shit) and you'll perhaps be able to break some shells aswell

• It's sad but it's true in the modern age, especially the extremely shallow and commodified American society.

• I've never dated so I don't know :/

It's probably true for some people and false for others.

• You can do that but it's a recipe for failure. I stopped doing that and just threw my shit on the table and I've been in a wonderful relationship for going on eight years.

• Maybe. I still think it's more like a box of chocolates.

• No. Only immature people believe dating and relationships are about faking one's personality. Relationships easily crumble with insincerity.

• "Dating is SHOW YOUR REPRESENTATIVE self to another person till you are comfortable enough to reveal your real self and hope they like you enough to stay"

• Ok this is true for everyone but me cause I keep it real and I don't fake shit.

• I don't think it's true for me.

• You know it or not, you are always at your best behavior initially.

• I will say half.

• Nah I'm just myself all the time, why pretend to be someone else when I'm perfect :3

• Not for me at all. I never put on a face. In fact I would downplay my better point and play up my bad ones if anything.