How long do you give a relationship to see if love will develop?

Do you kind of have a hunch from the beginning or do you realize after several months that it isn't going to happen?

I kind of feel like if I'm with someone long enough it is going to happen for me but not necessarily for him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being in love is kind of like knowing if knowing that you'll have a good day when you wake up in the morning.

Its a combination of intuition, honest (with yourself) feelings, and a genuine interest in the one you're with. Hell, if you can hold a conversation for hours with the one you like (and not have it being about your mutual histories, relationships, or jobs), you're ahead of the game, so to speak.

The main thing is that everyone approaches this point and varying rates. You may be in love with someone but they might not be quite there yet, or at least not ready to admit it. You'll know when the moment feels right, as you can't really rationalize this kind of thing.

At least, that's how I've always felt about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually I will get the hunch around 3 months of dating, depending on how often I see them. Anyway I know usually after 6 months! x

What Guys Said 6

• the chemistry is instant,,, u immediately feel attraction...
    the issue is compatibility... and that u check through dating...
    if u dont feel the attraction then it will never work out...
    although if u have attraction and the issue is compatibility... then u can work on it...

• Well of course. If I don't have chemistry with someone they never make it past the second or third date. BUT the tricky and frustrating thing about love is that you can love someone and still not be compatible.

• Right... That's why the divorce rate is so high. People just running around marrying someone they don't love.

• and more women...
      i dunno why women make such a mistake when god has given them 6th sense... they just know when they meet their mr. perfect...
      but they are in such a hurry that end up marrying wrong guy... maybe because they feel pressured that all their friends are having boyfriend and marrying... so they are in a hurry as well to get married,,,,,

• Love is a tricky thing, sometimes it will pop up for both parties, other times only one and sometimes never, there is no defined time range, days, months or years, it happens when it happens some people take less time others, more time.

• I dont start a relationship before love developed.
    She will have as long as it takes for us to develop love providing that it doesn't happen faster with someone else.

• If there's no sex on the first date, then I'm not interested in the girl.

• If no relationship is reached in 3 months then time to move on

• I give it about 6 months.

What Girls Said 3

• i can take quite a bit of time.
    I'm usually quite torn with my emotions because i think of all sorts of possibilities.

im not exactly sure what the time range is but i do make a decision eventually.

• 5 years at least

• If you have to wait for the guy to love you then he most likely don't and never will