Would you date somebody who's pansexual (likes every gender)?

Would you care or not really?

(Also how do I gain XPER?)

• No, that's weird.
  • Of course, It wouldn't matter to me.
  • Depends how much I like them.
Don't bother replying if you're going to tell me "pansexual is made up", thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure I would. I identify as bi but pan suits me too. Also you gain XPER by asking and answering questions :)

What Guys Said 30

• It wouldn't matter to me. My criteria for dating somebody has far more to do with if I think they will be a good fit (for both of us), if they will treat me well, and if they will be loyal. Outside of that, sexual preferences are not a big issue for me.

• What's the difference between pansexual and bi-sexual? Why do we need the word?

Yes, I would date a pansexual as long as she is loyal.

• Bisexual - Being attracted to males and females. Looks matter to them (most)
      Pansexual - Attracted to someone's personality, wouldn't matter if they're a girl/guy/trans/asexual or somebody who doesn't identify to a gender, etc.
      Also ty for the positive opinion

• Well, I doesn't change anything in my life other than the fact that she is open minded. I like open mindedness. I am not as "free" sexually (which doesn't mean I think less of trans, gays, etc), but I am pretty much open minded for anything else.

• Vote 'B' - I'm perfectly ok with it just as long as she is open about it to me :)

About your earning XPERS
    1. Ask questions
    2. Provide useful opinions
    3. Thus get selected MHO (7 XPERS for that)
    4. Get up voted (1 Point when asker up votes you)
    5. There are many more, check this out http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper

• On the same link also check out 'How many Xper points does it take to reach each Xper Level?'

• It wouldn't matter to me

How to increase X-per just try answering as many questions/ post as you can
    or hook your account to Google account / Facebook account and make MyTakes

• If I like her and she likes me what is the problem.

• Sure. I avoid labels but I guess I'm pan myself.

• Ah you're one of very few not posting ignorant/rude comments, ty for a reasonable response. :)

• You do get a lot of those on this site. Just ignore them.

• I've never liked someone who wasn't heterosexual, but I don't think it'd bother me.

As long as she's with me, thinks I'm hot stuff, and wants to be monogamous, I'm cool.

• hipster terminology.

• Well I am purely heterosexual and I'm attracted to the FEMALE BODY, but obviously personality matters as well.

If they're okay with that, that's fine, although if you are planning a long-term monogamous sexually exclusive relation then the initial sexual orientation matters only to define whether you match the preference or not.

• That's not what pansexual is. People who are pan find you attractive based on who you are as an individual, regardless of your gender identity or otherwise (including people who are trans or transitioning)

• Exactly, when I say I like every gender I mean I can like anybody based on personality. Lol

• I'm not limited in choices because of genders

• No, that's just not for me.

• Why didn't you just say bi-sexual lol?

• Pansexual - Liking somebody based off of personality, not looks nor gender.
      Bisexual - being physically attracted to the male and female gender.

• That's the same thing.

So I'd it's just personality based, it means they'd like either gender which is bisexuality.

• The term "pansexuality" addresses the issue of the gender binary, which is false.

• Sure I wouldn't care that much, I would just expect them to not sleep around, I don't wanna catch jack.

• I'm always hesitant to date bisexuals because being bisexual doubles the chances of infidelity (and its pretty much the same deal with pansexuals). But if she could prove to me that 1. She is loyal and trustworthy, and 2. She is completely satisfied with me only and will never require the other sex to feel fulfilled, i might give her a chance.

• Doubles the chance of infidelity? Uh no. Just because they might have more options, it doesn't mean they're more likely to cheat. It all boils down to personality and morals. That's a very stupid misunderstanding.

• @lumos look, i didn't mean to offend anyone. My experience causes me to be catious, and that's nothing against anyone in particular. So to each their own.

• Sorry, but no matter how you put it, it IS offensive to assume bisexuals are more prone to cheating solely due to their bisexuality.

• I would date her.

• That's impossible, different genders contradict each other.

• Isn't liking every gender bisexual? There are too many sexualities it's confuding

• I know some pansexual women, and to me they didn't behave/act any different than bisexual women do, although they seemed less focused on looks. Granted, I prefer to date straight women, but if a bi or pan girl was worth it I would still date her.

• I don't care who the girl finds attractive, but if she actually labels herself pansexual, her politics might be a bit too woo-woo for my taste.

• You mean bisexual.

• Absolutely not no

• No, that's called bisexual lol.

• I don't mind that she is attracted to all the genders and orientations, just as long as she is faithful to me.

• I don't understand what that means. Seeing how there is only two genders, that person would just be bisexual. I guess you'd be throwing in transgender, but I still see them as girls are guys.
    I used to be against being with bisexual girl but that would be hypocritical of me. That being said, I don't care for the girls that like to play it up and think they can act on it because that what they think most guys would like.

• Nope I won't date any pansexual

• That's called bisexual. Or omnisexual, pansexual, ambisexual, fluid, or any other random pointless made up word that means exactly the same thing.

• Bisexual is liking 2 genders, the same sex and opposite sex as you. Pansexual is liking every gender based on their personality regardless of sex/gender. :/

• It's not the same thing since there are bisexuals that aren't up for dating trans people or people who don't identify as a specific gender. Whereas to a pansexual, none of that matters and they can basically be with anyone.

• Means the same thing to anyone whose world is based in reality.

• Name me the different genders

• It mean's I could be attracted to anybody, trans/girls/guys/asexual's/etc I have no limited preferences as long as I like them based on personality.

• All this Mumbo-Jumbo about sexuality is simply ludicrous!

No, I'd prefer to date a normal person!

• Yeah sure, but I voted depends because that's how it is for any girl. Depends on how much I like her in terms of if I want to date her or not.

What Girls Said 22

• Sure thing, no problem with it basically.

This is how you gain Xper:
    - Signup +10
    - Login per day +5
    - Set Relationship Status +5
    - Set Occupation +5
    - Upload Custom Avatar +5 (first time only)
    - GirlsAskGuys Anniversary +25
    - Birthday +25
    - If you are Followed by another member +1
    - Ask a Question +1
    - Question is shared on social more than 10 times +10
    - When you select Most Helpful Opinion for each gender for your Question +1 (+2 for selecting a MHO from both genders)
    - Question is featured by the system (you will receive a message for this) +4
    - Share your Opinion on a myTake +1
    - myTake is Promoted (you will receive a message; blue/pink lightbulb) +50
    - myTake is Featured (you will receive a message for this) +150
    -myTake is shared on social more than 10 times +10
    - Share your Opinion on a Featured myTake +1
    - myTake gets more than 5 Followers +5
    - Connect Facebook Account +50
    - Connect Google+ Account +50
    - Share your Opinion on a Question +1
    - You got Most Helpful Award +7
    - The Question Asker/myTake Owner upvotes your opinion +1
    - Share your Opinion on a Featured Question +1
    - Vote on a Featured Poll +2
    - Top 2 MHO% users of the week +100

• My boyfriend has a friend. She identified as pansexual. The other day, no joke, she expressed a romantic attraction to stuffed animals.

So sorry, but no.

• I'm not really into the idea of having a partner who likes other men. It's just not for me and not something I'm attracted to so the answer is no :)

• ... That's not what it means at all...

• @Lardy_Pirate

The definition of pansexuality "not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity."

I'm not attracted to guys who like other guys so...

• Sorry, I interpreted it as "I don't want my boyfriend sleeping with men while being my boyfriend ".

• Personally, I don't think I could do it. It would just be a worry.

• No, I have my orientations. And I am not comfy by the thought of my man liking other me too, etc. I couldn't handle that, to be honest. For me that gender sexuality is getting overboard anyway, so many different names for things and all. I do not support it, nor do I hate on it; it's simply not my ground. And I don't wanna get into it. People are people to me, regardless of their struggles and lives. They are still as vulnerable and human as I am.

But when it comes to romantic relationships, I am picky. Straight as an arrow. End of story. And I wanna be respected for that, as I respect the choice of the peeps around me.

• No thats perfectly fine. Hardly something any one should be worried about. It would be pretty

• Noo, the fact that a man might like another man is the biggest turn off I can think of, go on and call me close minded but I like manly men and I don't my men to think that way.

• A heterosexual male is my preference. I'm fairly open-minded to other life factors but there's a line that has been drawn. Usually guys have no preference of women sexualities anyway. You are young, which is suggestive of some teenagers going through different phases, it may be safer not to label yourself at this stage as you may have a definitive preference of sexuality. Not saying pansexual isn't real, I'm taking youth into account.

• I don't understand why people find pansexuality so weird or gross. Relax, y'all. Sexuality is a spectrum. They're into the full gambit.

• I don't have an issue with that so I would date a pansexual.

• No but not because it's weird; I have religious adversion

• I identify as pansexual, but it's easier to say that I am bi to most people. I would definitely date another similar person :)

• bisexual, sure. I prefer someone who's realistic though and doesn't feel the need to make up genders that don't exist

• No off I question their std history

• Not that it's wired just not for me. Also, isn't it called bi-sexual?

• Pansexual? Thats weird.

• I'm not a devout Christian but I am Christian enough to not be okay with that

• I was going to vote No, but I don't think it's weird. It's just not for me, but I don't care or judge what others do.

• no that would be weird

• There's only 2 genders and the term is "BIsexual"

• Gender Binary, and no. Bisexual is different than being pansexual. Pansexuals like people based on personality, not sex. Bisexuals like males and females, based on looks and personality.

• Not new, and read the update from yesterday, thanks. Have a good day.

• Well it is made up so... lmao. Good day to you too lol

• I'm not a pan.

• No, I would not because it increases the odds of potential drama and annoying frustration later on.