Would you ever reject someone because you thought they weren't manly/girly enough?

Girls, would you ever reject a guy you thought wasn't manly enough in your opinion?

Guys, would you turn down a girl you thought wasn't girly enough?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I've had a huge crush before on a girl who was definitely not very girly. I've also had a meh crush on someone who was girly awhile back.

I'm not going to turn down a potentially good match because of something like society telling me what a girl "should be." I like who I like, and that's about it. A girl being girly or not is neither a turn on or turn off for me. It is just... There. 😅

What Girls Said 11

• Not really "reject" in that sense. I crushed on this guy for some time, he's really good looking, he works out a lot, and does manly things. However my friends were asking me if he's bi or gay I asked why, and they told me his movements were kind of feminine. And after that I realised it really was, and I couldn't stop getting turned off by his feminine movements 😂 And so in the end I just stopped liking him after a while... I couldn't help it. We're really good friends now anyway so its all fine ahah.

• I think many guys think they aren't manly because the 'ideal' man is a stereotype and unrealistic and leaves no room for individuality or sensitivity.

• Doesn't matter to me. I just can't stand guys that act like lost puppies. That no matter how many times you tell them it's fine and comfort them. They still act like the world is going to end and everything. Then repeating yourself on comforting them over a billion times. You end up reacting your limit and say fuck it.

• I don't care for masculinity and femininity. If they're laid back and fun to be around then I won't turn them down lol

• I mean, yeah, honestly I would. If he's less manly than I am then we're not going to work out :p

• Don't know.. all the guys I've been with were quite manly (they were into kickboxing, boxing, racing, etc...).
    So, I don't exactly know if I would reject someone who's not manly enough. I do prefer tough guys, so..

• I equate being manly with being self confident. If a man is confident about himself and doesn't feel the need to prove anything to other people then that's the ultimate turn on for me. For example if a guy is very short and constantly expresses his insecurities about it then that's a deal breaker for me. Confidence is key to me..

• So if a guy is insecure about something he shouldn't tell you about it? Or it will turn you off?

• Don't get me wrong - you can show emotions without being insecure. In my head insecure always sounds whiny. It all depends how you present yourself.

• It almost sounds like you want someone perfect. It's rare to find any person without some kind of insecurity. I don't think a guy should have to hide it under threat of her being turned off...

• if he seemed like a closeted homosexual, yes.

• No, I wouldn't reject him. I dated a marine who was "manly" but he wasn't for me. I dated a computer IT tech guy, that wasn't manly really, but I liked him, he was nice and funny.

I would date someone who is nice and funny... if they are manly, that's fine, if not that is also fine.

• Yes I would because if he wasn't manly at all I wouldn't be attracted to him.

• I'd turn him down if he was too hypermasculine, I'm into more balanced guys

What Guys Said 7

• I have rejected a girl who I thought had a manly attitude towards sex. As I don't sleep around myself I think that's acceptable.

• Only if they where too masculine or butch looking. I actually like woman who aren't afraid to get rough and dirty once in a while :D.

• Yeah, if she was a complete and total tomboy who tries to make herself as "non-girly" as possible.

• My FIRST criteria to lose interest in girl. is when I find ANYTHING unfeminine about her. My criteria is almost to the level of being unrealistic but I see 100's of girls everyday who do fulfil that criteria. So yeah, I WOULD lose interest.

• honestly i would like a decent balance in a woman i mean i wouldn't like her to be super girly but also not super butch

• I'd get a good sense of how girly she is before the relationship, so that type of breakup is unlikely for me. 8-)

• no... loolol.