Girls, Why do girls go for the ugly guys?

I'm a freshman and I need some help understanding this situation.

But the thing is that I'm the most mature guy in most of my classes. Also many of my friends say that I have a great personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls want the whole package. At least decent looking, personality that's compatible with their own, hangs out with a crowd that's not too foreign to their own clique, etc.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so in the girls' eyes, those guys aren't ugly. Also, of course your friends would say you have a 'great personality'. I doubt they'd be your friends if they didn't like your personality...

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe the ones who look ugly to you, look attractive to them?

What Guys Said 10

• That is not what I have seen. I have seen some girls NOT all but many that will only date good looking girls and go as far as labelling ugly guys as creeps and treating them like crap. Again not all girls do this but I have seen plenty of girls do it at the same time.

• firstly beauty is a matter of prospective which means the thing that you see ugly I see it beautiful and vice versa
    secondly I don't believe that you or anyone have the right to say that anyone is ugly it's pointless and mean

• Hyper-masculine men tend to look "uglier", but that's what girls prefer (unless it's East Asia, or something). In my mid teens I used to be confused as to how my small lanky friends had trouble with girls, but then some tall fatass with an unaesthetic head/face had some girls gushing after him. Once you understand some things about human sexuality, it makes more sense. Females have a primal reaction to tall, masculine men, even if their face is not aesthetic.

• The only time I've seen ugly guys date hot girls were if they were popular/athletes.

• Because they have the face of a donkey so they may have the packet to match! hahahaha

• Maybe you have an unrealistic view of other people compared to you, and think you're just better looking and more deserving of beautiful women than they are. A lot of people are like that, early on, but grow out of it, for the most part.

• You'll understand when you're older and you realize that personality is more important that looks.

• Why does it matter anyway?

• Because they aren't as shallow as you?

• "I'm the most mature guy in most of my classes. Also many of my friends say that I have a great personality."
    -every teen ever