Hamlet vs. Romeo: Who's personality would win with today's modern girl?

Two very different characters from two very different but amazing plays. These two are extreme opposites. One is totally introverted, depressed, paranoid, slightly self obsessed, manic, hyper intelligent, brilliant at making up solliloquies on the spot. The other is extroverted, obsessed with love, brave, ferociously romantic, devoted, way too impulsive, irrational, unjaded, possibly prone to obsessions, "ultra nice". I feel like this sums up most guys to one extent or another. Who's personality would win with today's modern girl? Why?

Hamlet Vs. Romeo?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hamlet, definitely Hamlet. Dark, moody, brooding, not the best at outwardly communicating his emotions to people. He claims to see dead people. Intense battles of psychosis and homocidal rages and the list probably goes on. To a lot of women he's a dream project of a guy.

What Girls Said 15

• I'm more like a female version of hamlet, minus the depressed. Really shy and introverted!! Romeo would be like an opposite which would be good. But hamlet would be a perfect match so I think hamlet. Maybe I'd be able to stop him being so depressed? I try to help people more than I should so I'd definitely go for hamlet because I'd feel he would need someone to help him.

• I love both plays, would hate to date either character. Neither of them are genuine in my eyes and therefore not in any way attractive to me. As @Love2BeRealExotic13 said, Hamlet is Dark, Moody and Brooding, which of course would work on some girls, whereas Romeo is obsessed with love and downright creepy at times. I couldn't see either of their personalities working out well in a relationship in the real world.
    Its a no from me

• The answer is Romeo.

• Neither tbh...

• well i like both plays so i guess its gonna depend on the girl itself

• For me it would have to be Hamlet. I absolutely loved the play. I don't think of Romeo and Juliet as romantic to be honest.

• what do you think of them as?

• They are so young and literally fell in love at first sight. They don't even know each other and yet they take their own lives. It was a bit much for me. Hamlet, on the other hand, is dark, exciting and more passionate.

• My guy's a hammy

• He's a weird one and damn proud of it too. Weird is better, but that's just my opinion

• 'O Romeo! Romeo! Wherefore art though Romeo?
    Deny thy father and refuse thy name.
    Or if thou wilt not be sworn my love.
    And I'll no longer be a Capulet.'
    Gimmmme a Romeo, pweeease? -puppy eyes-

• romeo ♡♡♡
    i love how he's ferociously romantic ♡

• Romeo would win for me. Plus Leonard Whiting (Romeo) is absolutely gorgeous

• Oh Romeo! Romeo! Where art thou my Romeo? <3

• Always Romeo. He's dreamy

• Hamlet. He's insane as fuck and a huge pessimist. My type of fellow.

• Hamlet for sure. Too bad he's asexual :/

• Neither. Girls will usually go for cholerics or sanguines. Romeo is a phlegmatic and Hamlet is a melancholic. Both of these aren't considered very attractive temperaments.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't know anything about Hamlet but wasn't Romeo and Juliet basically
    -"Hey I like you."
    -"I like you too."
    -"I can't live without you."
    -"I can't live without you too."
    -"Let's kill ourselves because screw this world."
    -"Ok, good idea."
    ?

• Hamlet is getting the ladies in this century lol! probably would make more money and be mysterious

Romeo, is the guy who tries too hard and ends up alone :/

• I say Hamlet, but Orlando from as you like it might have a better chance!

• I don't know... Romeo killed himself and Hamlet got betrayed and died. I'd prefer to be this long lived coward, nerd, fool... etc with a happy life. Possibility marry a sexy woman who won't be so stragic.

• Actually in addition to Hamlet and Romeo I feel what most women want would also be either Mr. Darcy or Mr. Bingley they are somewhat less intense versions of these two, and probably a tad more realistic personality wise.

• pride and prejudice? ah, i haven't gotten to that one somehow probably because it's considered such a chic novel, but i need to.

• That's what I thought to but someone convinced me to watch it and it turned out to be pretty good actually, and it's a classic so.

• Hamlet had passion and ambition, although misguided, he was convinced of his destiny. I always thought Romeo was a little whiner who let things happen to him..

• Depends on the girl, although the more boyish guys like Romeo seem to be in vogue these days.

• I think most girls like Romeo best. I seem like Hamlet, but I think I'm far more destructive.

• Hamlet would attract the girl. Romeo would keep the girl, provided he didn't kill himself.

• tfw you're Hamlet but you know girls want Romeo

• I'm guessing Romeo... Nobody likes a wet blanket...

• I voted C: Casanova and Dracula.

• Oh shit I mean C