Is it bad to lie about half an inch on a dating profile?

I'm 5'11".5 but I said I was 6ft... I mean, c'man... C'MANNNN LADIES

• It's fine
  • NO! NO YOU FUCKING LYING PIECE OF SHIT! YOU MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!
  • Other (explain)
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not enough to even be noticeable, especially in shoes. So many guys lie about height/weight/age/employment/status (as in single or not) online I automatically expect a lot less than they say anyway. I'm VERY surprised when someone appears to have been honest, and I've had almost every guy tell me he's surprised I didn't lie about anything either!

Funny sort of story.. I was dating a short guy I met in real life- we were both the same height. I totally didn't care, obviously, and out of the blue he asked me how tall I was. I said "Um, like just a centimeter under 5'5"" and he said "No, you're like 5'8" because I'm 5'8"! When's the last time you went to your doctor? Mine said I was 5'8" I just KNOW you're 5'8" too" and he wouldn't relent... Again, this was interrupting a conversation I was having with another girl about dogs or something, and he was almost yelling this in front of everybody and mad that I didn't agree. This was like two months in, wtf lol

Most Helpful Guy

• lmfao what if they brought metersticks when you met up and they measured you and left when they saw that you weren't 6 ft

What Girls Said 20

• Half an inch, no big deal. Had you claimed to be 6' and were only 5'9", that is a bigger deal.

• That's no big deal. Your height actually changes throughout the day a bit... you wake up at your tallest, then shrink a bit (barely, but still) throughout the day as gravity pushes down on your vertebrate and sort of compresses the air between them. By minuscule amounts but still, that counts for something! :P

• Is it bad to lie about half an inch on a dating profile?
    C. Other

It is dishonest and seemingly manipulative going by how you rounded up to 6ft rather than rounded down to 5ft11in. This gives me the opinion you are trying to get the attention of gals who would cut you off for not being the seeming ideal.

• Dude calm your tits. Chillax

• What does it say on your driver's license? Half an inch is nothing but honestly if your drivers license says 5'11 I'm going to see it eventually if we date and I'm going to get a chuckle as to why you felt the need to say 6'0. That's just me I would t say anything to you about it or really care.

• The height on my driver's license is from my teen years, I'm definitely not 5'9" anymore...

• That is absolutely deplorable, how cruel do you have to be to lie about half an inch on your dating profile? Trying to give someone a heart attack here?

• Nah just chill dude, if you are gonna meet with one of them in real life they most likely won't even notice it at all.
    Not like you've said you're 6'3" when you're actually just 5'3" lol

• No harm in rounding up to the nearest inch- I wouldn't notice half an inch.

• It isn't a big deal, which would make me think why did you do it in the first place? Which would make me think you are just comfortable with lying, which isn't a good start.

• Na, it's fine. My height on my passport is a lie too. The one who issued it made me taller on paper than I actually am. It's not that big of a deal.

• Who cares. Its not like I will bring a measure tape and measure you and then freak out once I see that your not 6ft

• O: OOOOHHHH WE HAVE A LIIAARRR O: O: O:
    ... Tbh it's kind of silly to lie about, but if it makes you feel better then whatever. lol

• No big deal. That's fine

• Eh, i doubt your girlfriend to be will want exact measurments xD

• It's all good. Lol, it's just half an inch. 😂

• Haha, you're 5.11 and you lied to a girl, that is miss up. You should not say that.

• I always bring a measuring tape when going on a date, I'll figure it out and then you're going down bro..

• Lol, it's fine. Don't worry about it.

• I'm a girl who really likes tall guys. I can tell if a guy is off half an inch. Weird, I know lol.

• No it's not ok! When you're lying you're wasting peoples time! I do online dating and have met guys who lied about their height and thus wasted my time. Height is a dealbreaker for me because it's one of the major things that decide whether or not I feel attracted to someone. And yeah I can tell when they lied even just a little bit. It's just like lying about your weight or race or something like that. DO NOT DO IT. Why would you want to anyway? Don't you want to find someone who likes you the way you are?

• OH wahhhh, half an inch, even though I'm 6ft in shoes...

What Guys Said 18

• Women lie about their weight and number of past sexual partners all the time. The only thing with height is if you exagerate by too much then it's pretty obvious that you lied. In your case nobody will notice a 1/2 inch difference unless they whip out a measuring tape. Or if she's 5'11, she might be able to tell you're not a whole inch taller.

That being said it's better to be honest because if your height is a dealbeaker, it's better to find out upfront rather than down the road. Or perhaps even round down and say you are 5'11, that way they might think "oh you're taller than I thought".

• Well let see women lie about their height too, as well as, use MySpace angle and highlights to appear thinner than they are. They also use makeup to enhance their appearance as well as push up bras. So you frauding 1/2 inch isn't a big deal/

• I mean... a pair of shoes could easily make up for this. Doubt this matters much.

• That's what I'm saying... I don't see why it matters when I'm 6ft in my shoes anyways.

• I wouldn't worry about it. It's no big deal, although you might keep in mind that fudging the truth a bit about other things COULD be a big deal. 1" give or take with height doesn't matter much. Hell, most people only have approximate idea of how tall they are, anyway.

• There are way worse things to lie about than your height.

• I'm 5'9", but I put down 5'10" because it looks better lol.

• Imagine if you get together and then she finds out you lied, it'll make being shorter than 6ft even worse! hhahaa

• Well most shoes make you at least half an inch taller. So unless you specifically said that you're 6 feet tall without shoes, you technically did not lie. :P

• Manlets, when will they ever learn..

• eh.. I wouldn't do it, why not just be real. That ebing said I don't think it's any worse then women wearing makeup, hair extension, push up bras etc...

• I don't like lying, but that is hardly the worst lie ever told-at the end of the day if you meet up with someone, they're going to see you anyway, so whats the point of lying.

• Girls dont give a fuck as much as guys do. A guy whos a 6 can feasible get an 8, but a girl whos a 6 will probably never get a guy whos an 8, maybe in highschool/college if they're lucky, but thats it. Looks matter more to guy more than girls, this is just true.

• yes! is really really bad!

is so bad that your are probably gonna get struck by lightning next time you go outside (sarcasm)

• It is OK, unless you are talking about penis length!

• I voted B, but i meant A

• The rule of thumb is that you always add two inches when it comes to online dating, so you're fine.

• lol most men lie 2 inches or more, half inch is, u might wake up as taller than that

• I'm guessing you haven't been doing online dating very long. After you've been doing it a while, you'll be amazed by how many people exaggerate and outright lie. As a general rule, women exaggerate or lie about their weight, and guys tend to do the same with height. And the beat goes on.

• It's no big deal, it only matters if it was penis length , lol