Girls, do you give hints when you want a guy to ask you out?

I've heard that women will sometimes try and hint at the fact that they like someon, or want someone to ask them out. Is this true? If you do, what are some of the hints?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls give lots of hints!! I smile, and laugh at jokes and tease them, sometimes (if I'm feeling bold) I wink at them. I try to mention things I like doing so maybe they might ask to join me or something. Touching there arm is a bit too subtle for me, but a lot of women do that. I prefer to flip my hair and try to look as sweet as possible when I'm around them!! If someone does some of these things around you, they want you task them out! They like you and are just too nervous that you might reject them if they ask themselves.

• What about a group of four girls come in from outside and sitdown in a classroom and one of the girls looks at me and says oh oh in a quiet voice while facing me. Later on a girl in the group does this spin move and runs right into me. Explain that?

• @LiveFreeorDieHard that might be them trying to start a conversation with you. The oh bit might be one of them teasing the other. One of them may have a crush on you. By running into you, literally, they have created a starting point to a conversation. Im not sure but that's what I think they are doing!

Most Helpful Guy

• this is how things work -
    1. girl likes a guy
    2. she starts giving hints/non-verbal signs
    go on google and search - non verbal signs when a girl is interested
    3. if ur single , its ur turn to go and introduce urself to her...
    and if all goes well, u both start dating... ;)

What Girls Said 14

• Some girls provide the guy with a lot of hints (I don't know why they would, even the most subtle hints is oblivious to some guys). I'm not sure what type of hints they place, I just straight up ask the guy out (if the feeling was mutual)

• Yes girls give lots of hints. They will flirt by making eye contact, smile, touch you, laugh at your jokes, compliment you, tease you in a playful way, etc. If she is doing some of those things and says something like "what are you doing later?" or "I really want to see that movie (pause)" or, much more obviously says "we should hang out some time" then she wants you to ask her out.

• kinda, but i mean i dont wanna force myself on him either. ill indicate my interest but ill never see him asking me out as something id expect.

• I don't hint. I flirt and hope he picks up on the fact that I'm interested, and if he doesn't pick up on it but I suspect he still likes me, I'll ask him myself.

• Well if it s in a bar context, I d look at the guy and smile. I am usually shy so I can t hold a stare for too long. So I ll be looking up and down several times lol. If I see him reciprocating (gazing, winking, smiling) I man up , finish my drink for extra courage and go stand near him. Like I d go to the bathroom and seat closer or smthn.
    I take another drink just for good luck then : "so what s up?"

• Nope. If I like a guy, I ask him out. Giving hints is pointless, and in my opinion girls who give hints and refuse to approach are just hurting their own chances.

• I would, and i probably do, except I'm really awful at realising it. I can't even work out if a guy is leaving hints for me or not. I guess this doesn't really answer your question, but adds an vaguely interesting opinion on it.

• I'm usually shy but not to too long ago I asked a guy for his name and if he was with anyone. He said no and than told me his name. I walked away thinking he wasn't interested. Than I went to restroom and he stopped me to get his number. I've never done that before but I'm glad I did. Smiles, eye contact all that goof stuff.

• Touching Is A BIG one in my opinion. And grinning and laughing.

• When I like someone I will laugh at their jokes, sit beside them even ask them on dates such as movies, out to eat or just meet up and after a while they will realize.

• It depends on the girl and her personality but we definitely drop some non-verbal cues intentionally and sometimes unintentionally too!

• I personally play with my hair a lot and make eye contact, make sure the conversation doesn't die and smile and laugh to make sure they know that I'm a friendly person so that they'll want to talk to me again.
    The thing is is that I personally (as in, this doesn't apply to everyone) don't want to ask a guy out because I can't read signs that guys give so I don't want to ruin the friendship if they reject me. So honestly, if you're pretty confident a girl likes you go ahead and ask her to hang out as friends but if she shows promising signs you can ask to be her boyfriend.

• It depends, is the girl shy or forward? Has she given clear hints/ been forward about other things? If she had then she should probably would be doing the same for this. If she hasn't at all for anything prior then she probably won't for this either.

• I usually act mean towards him in a teasing way. Sometimes I even mock him. I don't even know why. Childish mentality.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, they ask what you're doing at the weekend, you say "nothing". You ask back what they're doing at the weekend, they say "nothing". Awkward pause with a little bit of tension in the air = you should ask if they wanna hang. haha

• I had a girl I spent a lot of time with and flirted with asked.
    "Do you think people think we are a couple" I stupidly said no. How I staid around for almost two years making out and having an emotional relationships (less physical). Was my fault I was afraid to get rejected. Now I realize that was her inviting my question to ask her out

• Now that I look back to my past, I think I might have gotten some hints, but they weren't blatantly obvious. My ability to mind read sexual desire hasn't developed yet. But I can mind read my opponents in League of Legends. Some of my opponents can mind read me, too, lol. That's why I play League of Legends. There are extraordinary people playing that game.

• Fucking duh.
    what @Rules_breaker said basically.

• Apparently they do and we're just fucking oblivious I'm in the same boat trying to get the guts to ask her out

• Yaaa quality over quantity but don't jump into it