Will he ever get over his fear of getting hurt?

I can tell the guy I'm with is holding back. I can tell he isn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon because he plans on spending my birthday with me which is months off but we don't make plans for anything else more than a week out.

He he doesn't talk about his feelings and at first I thought he just wasn't that in to me but now I think this is always how he is. His relationships usually only last a couple of months and we've been together for almost 4 now. I'm wondering if he is ever going to let me in.

I confide in him Things I normally wouldn't share in hopes he will reciprocate but he usually doesn't. He does share things on his own sometimes.

I want to be patient and give him more time, I don't plan on going anywhere but I don't want to get my hopes up for something that is never going to happen.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people never do but I think at some point most people realize they have to in order to have a meaningful relationship. If he believes in love and wants love he will.

There are some men though who are so jaded from divorce are what be it that they settle for someone who they don't love but also won't leave them. That way there is no risk of them getting hurt even if she did leave but never will. It's security and meets their needs. Those are the guys I watch out for, love can't grow in that mentality and I don't want to share my bed with someone I kind of like.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0