My friends are kinda forcing me to get a boyfriend but I'm waiting for the right guy?

So okay I'm 14 and all of my friends are in relationships and are kinda forcing me to be in one too but I'm waiting for the right guy that I really like because I think it's kinda pointless to go out with someone I know I don't like and will probably be miserable with and break up with in like a week

But I also feel like the perfect guy isn't out there and I'm gonna wait till I'm old and gray and have 50 cats

What should I do?

• Take your time and wait for the right guy
  • Just go out with a random guy and see how it goes

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... you might not find Prince Charming, but if a guy ever asks you out who seems nice, just go on a date with him. You might as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• just wait don't let your friends force you. you're only 14, you have plenty of time. i have the exact same mentality as you, i waited, and i'm now with a guy i really like. if your not interested in the other person then someone just ends up hurt.

• I think I'm gonna wait. Whats the rush after all I'm only 14 but I think if a guy asks me out that's nice and not too bad I might consider it.

• good idea, there's no need to rush things

What Guys Said 6

• you have pretty annoying friends

• Ahh teen girls lol Tell them to worry about their own lives!

• Also you are 14... waaaaay too young to give up on finding someone lol Chances are you will date a few people before you love someone. I did not have my first girlfriend until I was 17, and I am happy with that. I have even dated someone for three years and lived with her for a year, and now I am single and still have lots of hope of finding someone. plus almost a decade older than you lol You'll be fine, just have fun and keep your eyes open.

• At 14 you have NO risk of being, "old and gray and have 50 cats." You can and should wait until you feel ready. Talk to your mother. She'll help you understand what's going on with you and your friends.

• Don't do it. In a few years you'll look back at it and probably be annoyed at yourself.

• Doing it for your friends is a bad idea. Just do what feels right.

• Not very good friends, if they're forcing you to do something, are they?

What Girls Said 3

• You're 14 not 80.

Chill out lol relationships are lame at your age anyway.

• Hun im 24 and I havnt been in a relationship. You are still so young and have plenty of time. At 14 the only thing you should be worried about is making friends. Girls and guys. Im the one whos gunna be all old and grey but not with cats. I prefer dogs.

• Don't date anyone because of your friends. A relationship at your age is not likely to last anyway and causes a lot of emotional stress.