What does a guy mean when he says he doesn't want a relationship but wants everything that comes with it?

We almost hooked up, but he warned me that he doesn't want a relationship but told me he wants companionship. The movie title 'he's just not that into you' comes to mind. We've been friends for a long time and this happened randomly one drunken night. He still says he doesn't want a girlfriend, but he wouldn't mind doing couple stuff together. I don't understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• it means he is a selfish butthead
    who wants to use you

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of get what he is coming from in a sense. I've been dating a while and most of em ended kinda messy. Although I want to meet someone speciall and get married one day, for now I want something that isn't too serious. You know, like a guy who can do couple stuff with.. that is... go to the movies with me, go beach, dates etc and not get emotionally attached in the process. So far I haven't been lucky and I dont want to break any hearts,..

What Guys Said 5

• Sex, he wants sex. That and a friend he can hang out with but without feeling like he is not free to see other people too.

• No commitment from his side, but sex and companionship when he wants it.

• a sex toy.

• I think he doesn't want you controlling his life and he doesn't want to dictate your life.

• he wants the free pussy

What Girls Said 3

• He wants sex and no commitment. AKA friends with benifits, fuck buddies, etc. If you don't want a commitment go for it. If you're hoping to change his mind into wanting a serious relationship get out now, he won't change.

• It means he's not worth it; next one.

• like sex stuff or friend stuff