If you met someone you liked A LOT but they lived far, and there was someone that lives near you and you kind of like them, who would you choose?

If you met a guy or girl that you really clicked with, was really attractive, amazing chemistry and you got along really well and had fun together... but they lived far away

or if there was someone that lives really close to you and you kind of like them (not as much as the other person) and you're kind of attracted to them (not as much as the other person) but you have easy access to this person

who would you choose?

I would choose the first.

• I don't care how hard it would be, I'd rather be someone I really love and am compatible with
  • I'd rather keep my life simple and just be with someone who lives close to me and is easier to be with

Most Helpful Guy

• Niether. But I have my reasons.
    1. I don't settle. And I don't mean that in an I'm too good for you kinda way. I don't date for a relationship status; I date for the person. If I'm not craving to be with that particular person then I don't date them. I'd rather just remain single. I refuse to let the few small moments of loneliness I experience while single push me into a lackluster relationship.
    2. I don't compromise for people, I compromise with people. There are plenty of people in this world that I find attractive and desire to be with so if I had to endure some strenuous circumstance just to be with a particular person I'd just suck it up and let them go. I'll work with a person to try and make things work but I'll walk away from a good thing if it comes with too many negatives. I don't need everything to be happy.

I like romance but I'm not a romantic. I'm a realist and for me relationships are a beautiful luxury of life not a necessity. Not everyone feels the same way and I don't expect them too. But being honest with myself and coming to terms with what I really want and need out of life makes decisions like this pretty easy for me.

• I agree with you. I would never settle either. But I find most people do. I was seeing someone who decided to date someone else just because she is local (well at least that's what he told me) and it really hurt me because I thought we had a real thing that was worth fighting for. Although it wasn't really "fighting". I travel a lot to his city because of work, so it's quite easy for me to go back and forth but I guess for him it wasn't enough. He said he wants someone who is there ALL the time and someone he can do things with everyday, not half the time. So I guess for him a relationship IS a necessity (I agree with you it isn't and I have lots of things to do that don't involve another person) but for him it's someone he NEEDS in order to live a certain lifestyle..

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd pick the one I was in love with. However, you have to keep in mind that long-distance relationships usually take a great amount of effort and patience. I don't know about you, but personally speaking am not sure if I would be able to handle it.

• I've done it before and it wasn't too bad.. but I understand everyone has their personal preferences.

What Guys Said 2

• I met a girl online who I was nuts about and passed up so many opportunities because I liked her so much and it was a dumb thing to do. You don't know how much the other person likes you, she/he might like you but just not enough to really give it a fair shot or she/he might be bored or she/he might like the attention. I've learned that the hard way, it's not a fun mistake to make.

• Did you know if she liked you a lot too?

I really like this guy and I really want to see him again. I know he likes me too but he hates the distance and doesn't want to try and I know he's just sleeping around with random girls in his city. It hurts because we got along so well and I miss him a lot but I don't think I should tell him how I feel.

• Distance just makes everything so much harder, even knowing how close you two really are. I think if he really truly wanted you, he'd want to see you, just like you'd want to see him. I have a cousin as well that was in a long distance relationship for years and now they're happily married. Who knows why it worked out for them and why it doesn't work out for others. All you can do is do your best and hope for the best. I know I gave it everything I had, I fought for her as if she was my future bride to be and if that wasn't enough than it wasn't to be. The hardest part is learning when to let go :(

• That's true.. it is very hard to know when to let go... I think I'm going to let go now though.. or try really hard to. I know I have to now, although I still have hopes that maybe he'll change his mind later on.

You sound like a really awesome guy though and you definitely deserve better. I know I'm a good person too and I have a lot of love to give and I also deserve better. We both deserve better. And if we don't find better than oh well

• Even if i didn't chase that specific girl (the far away one) she would be enough to tell me I could do better and that being over eager is a bad idea.

What Girls Said 0