Wealthy men, would you date an intelligent, attractive and ambitious woman who isn't wealthy?

You meet a very attractive, talented, intelligent and ambitious female... you get along really well but you are wealthy and she is not... Would you still give it a shot? Or would you only date other wealthy women? This question is especially aimed towards younger wealthy men under 30 years old...

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy was wealthy, your own wealth wouldn't be an issue to him - BUT... there are things that he's going to value (as you value his wealth, among other things) that you'll have to have to get his interest.

Obviously, a wealthy guy will get a ton of interest from women, and the more options a person has, the higher their standards will be (same with women). He's going to expect an attractive woman (nice face & body), with a good attitude. Further, he'll probably expect a girl with a decent education, and unless he is "new money" (grew up poor/middle-class and made his money himself), he's going to expect that his woman be "cultured" - know how to entertain, be used to fancy foods and decor and so forth, and understand the obligations of a girlfriend/wife in a high-society environment.

So, while money isn't directly a factor, a lack of money often means that you lack the experience/training/culture to live a high-society lifestyle, and for a guy from a well-established family, that often means you don't have any long-term prospects with him.

• I HIGHLY disagree

• Interesting. I can see how that could matter. Although if the girl has lots of guys after her all the time, knows how to entertain, (in fact she has a career as a singer/actress) and is very polite and social, would it really matter that she studied performing arts rather than a more academic path in University? Could she not learn the little things like eating fancy foods etc. Would the guy not enjoy introducing her to new things?

• I wasn't suggesting that she had to be a PhD or whatever. And of course she could learn the social protocols and such. My point was more that she had to be WILLING to change these things (her lifestyle, her social expectations, etc.), as well as ABLE to change them. A few women aren't able, but far more aren't willing, to change. And that's where a lower/middle-class girl might run into some trouble getting or keeping the guy's interest. If she's enthusiastic about adopting the new social strata, that's going to make it easier for the guy to accept and want her.

What Guys Said 18

• I'm not wealthy but i have enough in life. How much money the woman has takes no difference to me. I couldn't care less. And I think a lot of men will think i a similar way.

Some really wealthy guys might not because they are afraid she is dating him for the money. Or just run with half the money when the marriage is over.

• Well, yes of course, If I liked her. Money has got nothing to do with it, personally.

Oh, wait. this is for wealthy people. I definitely don't qualify.

• What do you consider wealthy? If all goes according to plan I should one day; anyway. Yes, wealthy men will date younger women who isn't wealthy especially if she is attractive physically.

• I wouldn't consider myself 'wealthy' by any standards, but in case I come across a female who has far lesser money than me, I would still date her (if she agrees) because I wouldn't really care about money here.

• I don't date a girl for her money.
    Why does it matter to you that he is?

• It doesN'T. I like a guy who happens to be wealthy and I find it intimidating sometimes. I try to remind myself that we are all just people, but sometimes I worry that he would think I am not good enough for him because I'm not wealthy.

• Ahhh, try not to mind fuck yourself.

• lol... good point...

• Do you think you'd find wealthy men here?😂
    Well, my family is quite rich which makes me kinda wealthy so yeah I'd give you a shot. Not because I'm wealthy and I don't have a heart. It all comes down to whether you've those qualities!

• I think the simple answer to that is DUH!

• HELL NO. I am the spitting image of what you just asked for and I can tell you right now the answer is no. I own a real estate firm and i have a bachelor's degree in business and am currently working on my master's degree in business. If you want to know why message me.

• That is a very snobby answer. I personally would never date a snobby rich guy. I met many of those and turned them all down. I am extremely ambitious and actively working on building my career. i aim high but I am only in the beginning so I still have far to go. I have group of friends and they often invite me to their events. I get hit on a lot but I only like one of the guys because he's an amazing person. I just don't know if me not being wealthy would be a deal breaker for him in a romantic way. That's why I was asking

• Ewe, I'd never want to date a guy like that. I'd be way to good for him. I've turned down many snobby rich guys like that cause they are very ugly inside. All they have is money, and nothing else that makes them likeable. Take their money away and I bet their friends don't even care about them anymore. That's sad... Funny thing, is a lot of wealthy guys invite me to hang out with them all the time and perform at their evens. They also call me to talk on the phone whenever I have questions etc. They are busy yet they wanna hang out (groups of them like we are all friends) they even invite me to their events. Never have I been physical with any of them. Money means nothing if you're guy inside.

• **ugly inside. The wealthy friends I have/know are actually decent human beings.

• Looking to date a guy with some coin? lol! Sure--why not?

• it depends on whether she's a gold digger or not

• There's no harm in dating a girl like that.

• If I were wealthy and was dating a woman, I'm not going to pay for her expenses. At least not until I know she's worth more than just a few dates here and there. Even then, I'm not the kind to 'spoil' anyone.

• I don't think a girl should accept a guy to pay for her expenses no matter how wealthy he is... I think if a girl allows that it could create problems in the relationship. The question is mostly aimed at weather a none wealthy girl stands a chance with a wealthy guy if ever she was to fall in love with one.

• Well honestly how wealthy someone is shouldn't have any sort of bearing on whether one will find love with another. However, guys are now more weary since gold diggers are a large problem.

• I'd give her a try!

• Hmmm I don't know exactly cause my dad is wealthy and I'm not but let me think like him if I would get a girl who really loves me then idc about anything else 😶?
    What about you?
    Will you?

• well if she is likely that, she would likely become wealthy later, so yes.

• I wanna be wealthy just to answer this.

I am so xper hungry that I still found something to say here

• of course I would

• No, too risky. She could just want me for my money.

• I apologize, I didn't read the question correctly. I am not actually wealthy, I thought this was a hypothetical question.

What Girls Said 2

• I am not a wealthy man;however, I would like to share my opinion. I feel as though a mans wealth does not matter. How much money someone makes is no ones business, unless they are married to the person.

• Thanks, although that was not the question. It's more of a "what if situation". If you happened to really like a guy for who he is, but he happened to be wealthy, would a none-wealthy girl stand a chance. That is the question.

• If the girl is very attractive, odds are that they wouldn't care about her salary that much.