Would it be wrong to reject someone because they had too much money?

• Yes, I do think that's kind of bad
  • No, not at all

Most Helpful Guy

• I once briefly dated a 28 year old lawyer who had quite a high position at her age at a law firm. I was 32 and only worked in a school. She always picked up the tab for everything and knew many well connected people. When they kept asking what I did for a living I was embarrassed to tell them. Was too shy on my part and insecure and had to break it off with her. She was surprised and actually told me her dating life has been terrible, and can never seem to get a good relationship as too many men are intimidated by her. She had been single for two years, while dating on and off. I don;t think its wrong. Everyone has to date on their comfort level. I was uncomfortable. So I was justified.

Most Helpful Girl

• in a way, yes, in another way no. Yes, because if you dont feel comfortable around them then thats your choice. But at the same time you really shouldn't judge the person based on the kind of money they have

What Guys Said 7

• It's not 'wrong' to reject anyone, because it is YOUR choice. If you don't like people with a lot of money, then don't date them. It's as simple as that.

• It would be wrong, for you I mean!

• Looks like u had bad experience with them before

• Well it's not wrong, it's just plain stupid

• I don't think it's wrong.

• Why would that be a deal breaker?

• I'm not comfortable with dating someone who makes a lot more than me.

• But why.

• It's just kind of weird. Kind of like rejecting a girl because her boobs are too perfect.

• There is no perfect boob. Some guys prefer bigger. Some prefer smaller.

• Fair enough. But most guys would agree that boobs like Emily Ratajkowski's (medium) or Stacey Poole's (huge) are "perfect" lol!

What Girls Said 5

• I mean, if that's your only reason then... It's not mean it's just stupid

• it's just stupid. I mean I don't know your exact situation so this comment shouldn't affect you but I kinda understand if they don't have enough money because then you could be thinking they won't be able to provide your future family. there's no such thing as being too rich. it's all in the way you spend it. if a lot goes to charity of whatever then that's great!

• If that's the sole reason to reject someone that's pretty lame. It's the same as rejecting someone because they don't have enough money.

• If you didn't like them then it'd be wrong not to reject them.

• You sound exactly like me. And that is not a compliment. I have done that way too many times. Yes, it is bad because we end up judging people based on their salary as well.