Would you date a 5'9 man?

I am begining to feel self conscious about my height since most hollywood stars are about six foot.

• Yes, I would
  • No, I prefer six foot

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is 5'7 so yeah, I'd date someone 5'9.

• how tall are you?

• You are an amazing person. I can't imagine what amount of confidence that takes because most women want him to be taller since they would feel either insecure with their own height or because of society. Thank you for being a good person. I kinda feel bad that society might pressure you to be a certain way now like shorter or skinny.

• haha thankyou. Truth be told, I started to become okay with it mostly because of him. I raised that as an issue before we even started dating. Reminding him that I'm taller, and he assured me he's fine with it. That he actually likes taller women better, and the long legs we bring to the table. That helped me realize that sure, I'm quite tall for a girl, but I can't change that so might as well make it work in my favour!
      It pisses me off how in a lot of people's eyes, if you're not circling around 5' you're automatically not 'feminine'. However, I'm pretty skinny.. just because I'm 5'10 doesn't mean I'm lumbering around all uncoordinated and such.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well look at it this way. The mean average is 5'10". You're only 1 inch less than half of all guys out there.

• I live in america. The mean average in america is 5'9. Show me your source.

• @ConsultantIsBack

What Girls Said 19

• Of course. I have no reason not to.

• I'm 5'9. I prefer taller men due to past experiences.

• Wow, you are already very tall. That is a models average height. How do you find taller men to even date?

• Darling, I'm not American. Bye.

• Then what are you?

• You do know most Hollywood stars are actually short/average right? They're never as big as they look on T. V.

• Yes as long as the guy is at least my height I'm fine and I'm 5'8 so yeah.

• Yes I would. I don't why you would feel self conscious since the average height in the us is 5'9-5'10.

• I dont get why men get so worked up about height i've literally liked a guy who was my own height (5'2)

• Hollywood stars are Hollywood stars because they're above average so why compare yourself to them...

I voted yes, that's like avg height, no complaints here

• Yes, he's 23 inches taller than me, so it's good

• Height doesn't matter at all. Nobody cares if you're not as tall as Hollywood Stars that no regular people have a chance with anyway.

• As it happens @gray_sailor is 5'9. Perfect for me... I'm 5'6 so I tuck perfectly into him. ❤️❤️

• Yes I would.

...

• yes that's perfect

i like 5'5 - 5'10

• lol... it depends on the girl... as a 5'3 girl, 5'9 is a pretty good height

• Taller than me. Yes, I would date.

• Yeah I would.

• Yes, why not.
    I am 5'8 and I am already dating one.

• Does it ever bother you when you wear heels?

• So then you would prefer six foot then. Most women tend to prefer six foot men.

• Yeah 6 foot is good.

I won't leave a guy just because he is shorter than 6.

• If we got along, I would date him. I am 5'7" and dated a guy 5'4".

• No I'm 5'8"

• Tom Cruise is 5'7 and he seems to do fine with women (since you brought up Hollywood stars).
    My sister's husband is 5'7ish and hasn't had any issues.

Height doesn't matter quite as much as you think.

What Guys Said 3

• Most male Hollywood stars are in the 5'9-5'10 range. It's common for them to lie by about 2-3 inches.

• Dude.. Try being being 5'5. 😂
    5'9 is pretty much average. Most girls are taller than me lmao.

• I voted A for confidence boost.