Do you expect a immediate spark after the first date?

• Yes... If not there will be no second date.
  • No... I give the person time to grow on me (2nd or 3rd date).

Most Helpful Guy

• a spark may be an exaggerated expectation. I would expect to know if I am or could be interested in more

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I do but I would give them a second chance if it's not there initially. It can grow!

What Guys Said 11

• No, i never expect immediate spark, i think i gotta get to know the girl better and stuff i want make sure it's for real.

• I'd say yes, but it depends. If we're talking about someone I don't really know, then I DO need to feel attraction if I'm going to pursue dating them. If it's someone who I'm forming a friendship with, etc. then after getting to know them, that spark may develop, but I can't see DATING an unattractive stranger without getting to know 'em first.

• I do! I need to feel SOMETHING on the first date!

• I expect to be interested, you can discover a spark later on when you find out more.

• I voted B but after some experience dating I'm leaning toward A. They at least have to be kissable on first sight, and there has to be some enjoyable conversation.

• I would say women overwhelmingly do.

Me personally? I expect a first date to rarely have a "spark" unless I managed a same night lay.

• I don't expect a spark I think that comes later. I do expect to be attracted and interested.

• My answer: "pretty much" doesn't really fit into either of those options

• it's possible.

• I think poll shows girls on average have more options. Most guys are willing to try for a few dates to get to know them. Girls ditch the guy after one date if he doesn't live up to her expectations.

• I could not pick. Either there is a spark or not. I don't ever know what to expect but I prefer asking a woman out that made me tingle first and I consider that the first spark.

What Girls Said 6

• Nope. My current boyfriend and I were best friends before we started dating. He asked me out, I declined because I wasn't ready for more just yet. It was a really slow revelation but as we continued hanging out it dawned on me that yeah, I do care for him as more than a friend. If there was any sort of 'spark' moment, it was more like when my friend asked me how I'd feel if he told me he was interested in another girl, which of course wouldn't have sat well with me at all.
    We've been together for almost two years now. :)

• For me a "spark" just means being friendly. It's impossible to know if you "click" with someone when you are both nervous about the first date, I give it a few dates before I break it off

• Spark by most peoples standards means feeling some type of mutual interest or connection on the 1st date.
      I agree, that most times it is impossible to know whether you click with someone right away.
      This is why I never understood why some people are so quick to call it quits after the 1st date rather than giving it one more shot.
      Only if something went extremely wrong on the first date... should there be a "No"

• Right, and you're bound to have SOMETHING in common, and if not then maybe you could work past it, I would only not agree to a second date if he was rude or mean or just very weird

• I am very intuitive, so I know if I feel no spark that it isn't going to come later.

• I give someone one or two dates, but no more than that. Then I'm just wasting their time.

• There has to be or they or you, are forever in the friend zone.

• the person have to know me well.