Is it okay to kiss or to be kissed on a first date?

Guys/Girls, do you think it is okay to kiss/be kissed on a first date?

I was born in another country than America, so I definitely have different backgrounds and culture than the majority of American.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. How long is the date? What did you do? Did you learn about each other? Did you make each other feel good? Do you respect each other? And of course, do all these things even matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to it's fine, but people have herpes so kiss at your own risk.

• Haha, thanks for the mho

• Is it okay to ask our partner whether he/she is clean or not before we kiss them? I mean, isn't it a bit annoying? I know there are many diseases that we can get just from kissing someone, especially open mouth

• If you're with them for quite some time and they seem trustworthy I'm sure they'd let you know ahead of time. If you're still concerned they should be understanding not offensive. It's okay to ask especially if you're keeping yourself safe. I get cold sores, and even though it's not contagious unless I have one I still let my boyfriend know before we even started dating. It's just a duty you know? Don't be afraid to ask and if they're offended then take caution.

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, nothing wrong with it unless one person does not want to.

• sure, if you both feel comfortable

What Girls Said 6

• Sure it is, if both parties are on the same page.

• Yeah, why not, if there's chemistry, it's more than okay.

• Yep. As long as both participants are up for it, anything can go on a first date. Not always advisable no, but really there are no rules.

• If it is consensual, yes.

• depends on how well the date is going

• ya, if you feel a connection there. Just don't go to far