She wants to be exclusive after a week?

Is that bad? I kinda said yes. I really like her too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see what could be bad about that. I wanted to be exclusive with my boyfriend from the first day we started dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily "bad" but does indicate immaturity and / or insecurity. Judging by your posted age, and guessing she is close in age, this is not unusual. However, there is something else important going on here. It seems your instincts are telling you to lead her to slow down a bit and take one step at a time. But, have you sent mixed signals by engaging in physical and / or emotional intimacy this early? This can cause a justifiable cry for exclusivity from a person. I hope you are a good man who is driven to look deep inside yourself, and seek advice from other good men, and lead your girl somewhere she will be safe and protected by you. This also means taking charge and controlling the pace and using great care not to lead her on because you selfishly seek personal gratification. Be a man and put her heart at the top of your priority list.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• Since you like her too, it's not bad. Not at all!

• Not bad at all. Some people go exclusive early, while others would even think two months is too early...

I actually wish people would go exclusive right after the first date and not spend so much time dating around, but it is what it is.

Go for it man, and be thankful for the fact that she's solidifying the deal and not making you go through all this other bullshit.

• It seems fine to me, especially since you seem to be on board with it.

I myself am an exclusive dater, so I get it.

• No, I don't think that's bad. You're both interested in being exclusive, so I don't see a problem. Since it has only been a week, you really don't know each other at all, but that's the whole point of dating.

• I don't see it as bad. Means she likes you a lot and wants to form a lasting relationship.

• You should've kept her waiting.