Can you date a friend when you're not sure if you love him?

So I'm quite sure this friend of me likes me more than just being friends. As in his apperiance, he's not super attractive, but he is really kind and nice. Do you think I should date him, even when I don't get butterflies, probably because I'm not physical attracted to him?
I do have to think about him a loooot but I also don't want to mess up our friendship.

How would you see this? :)

What Guys Said 1

• Why not? You might find him a very special guy. This is the time when dating should be finding out about each other. How you both interact. The things you both like and dislike.

If it's a really good friendship, it won't get messed up, even if the dating comes to an end. If it does get messed up, it probably wasn't worth worrying about in the first place.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah go for it
    That's like my relationship right now actually we just started dating just yesterday and so far its good, like good friends but with extra stuff now haha
    Good luck :)