Is it okay to not date at 18 because I'm 'too ambitious'?

I'm always thinking up something new, working towards a new dream or creating something. I'm just 18 (today) and I don't really date because so far guys have wanted me to 'calm down'. I'm 6 months away from completing my diploma and starting and internship which involves travel. I've been offered a job in the fashion industry after my internship so I'm always trying to move forward and work towards my goals. Are there guys out there similar or willing to support a widely creative girl? Am I doing the right thing by not dating or am I wasting my teen years? I was told I'm too ambitious

• Yes it's fine
  • No it's a waste

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it ok? No. It's amazing. Good for you! But be cautious because your ambition can cause issues when you are willing to date. Just contemplate your character every now and then and ask yourself if there is anything that might be destructive to romantic relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm almost 19 and am in my first relationship because I was so ambitious that I kept myself from dating until I met a guy who really cared about me. The only reason I'm dating him now is because he seemed to care so fast, so no, I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Do what makes you happy girl!

What Guys Said 8

• Especially, if the guys are being put off by your ambitions, that's really low of them. Those guys are scumbags and don't deserve you.

• It's always fine to not date, especially when you put your life goals first

• So let me see, your too ambitious to date, but that makes you have low ambitions when it comes to this part of your life 😕

I already confused myself

• Well I'd love to date a guy who is equally ambitious, passionate about something and someone who won't try and hold me back and I'm sure one day it will happen so no it's not that I'm saying I don't want to date it's just I'm my going to waste my time with someone who tells me "you need to calm down" or "you're too ambitious" when in reality I'm achieving goals and going for more :)

• I'm not going to waste my time *

• Relationships come and go, the only thing you have to ask yourself is what you should do to make yourself feel happy without any outside influence.
    Women whose goal in life is to get married and have children aren't very attractive in my opinion.

• Respectful

• it is very wise , beside , you are still young

• not at all! but you may regret it if you meet an amazing guy and deny him.

• Dating is, at this point, more of a hobby than an obligation. If you don't want to don't do it.

What Girls Said 2

• I have NEVER seen a GaG survey with 100% of the votes telling you, that its fine, and in this case, I'm really glad for it. Too ambitious? What the heck does that even mean. You and everyone else has life goals and dreams and unlike so many, YOU are actually going for them. Don't EVER EVER EVER let anyone steal your sunshine. You will never be happy dating anyone who thinks your dreams are a waste of time. You will find someone who gets you completely and you'll wonder why the heck you wasted any time even entertaining the idea of someone who didn't understand that.

• If you don't want to date, don't date. No issues there.