How to approach a girl in different environments?

Ok so right off the bat, I'm a nerd. BUT I'm quirky, confident, far from shy (except when approaching new people, I'm not really shy but cautious), I can be funny depending on your sense of humor, I love learning and science. I'm intelligent, but good with people and emotions. I know just what to say in most situations and I can help people calm down. My hobbies are playing instruments, drawing, and writing stories/poetry. I like to go running regularly. LOL ok now I'm overdoing it but my main point is, I have a personality and hobbies and I'm not your stereotypical "computer-loving, stay-at-home" nerd.

So now I'm wondering how should I approach a girl in different places? Let's say I met one in the library I really wanted to talk to and she was reading, or maybe I saw a girl while running that I would approach, whatever it may be. Where might be some plausible places to ask someone out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I find that places such as the library, a coffee ahop, and group events are when i feel safest being approached. If a guy tries to approach e on the streets, i feel intimidated. As for approaching girls, common interests and such are the best way to go. Here are a few examples
    "I noticed you are reading (insert book), i've read that one too."
    "Marvel t-shirt, nice. Who is your faorite character, mines Thor."

• Goldmine ideas here ^ XD

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry, I can't help but I wanted to tell you... If a girl is reading, leave her alone. Talk to her after she closes her book. As a girl who likes to read, I can tell you that boys coming up to you while you are reading and trying to chat you up using your reading material is hella annoying.

• I guess it honestly depends on your relationship with the girl - the friendlier you are, the more cavalier you can be about a greeting. If she's a stranger, just walk up and say hi and make small talk. If she's responsive, continue. If she gives you short answers and keeps looking at her book, or turning away to what she's doing, she's not interested.

• Good advice here, thanks! :)

• I say that you should first make small talk with her (ie. What sort of books are you interested in, running technique, music, etc). If that goes well, it would be nice to ask her to coffee to continue the conversation. Hope this helps! Bon chance!

What Guys Said 5

• I'm a fan of making my intentions clear from the get go, so I don't have to worry about being friend-zoned or anything. I've found that "Excuse me, I know this is random but you are really beautiful" gets a positive reaction in most settings, and it shows you're confident which is a plus. Even if they're not into you, everyone likes getting complimented, so nothing bad has ever happened in my experiences.

You don't need to be so strategic about it. I know it's nerve wracking, but no amount of planning will make it easier, no matter where you find the girl. It's like jumping into cold water. If you think about it too long, you psyche yourself out. It's not going to hurt you or anything. It's just the anticipation that is the worst part, so just grit your teeth and go for it!

• (And this is coming from a computer science major, so I am also a bit on the nerdy side)

• I like to use situational approaches. I look at our surroundings, her clothes or her behavior. Then I make a comment about it or ask a question.

For example, yesterday I saw a girl walking with her bike. I walked up to her and asked if thats her hobby. Then I told her that I like to walk my dog and wondered if walking a bike is a new fashion trend.

Library:
    Im giving you 5 examples of what I would say. I probably said something like that before and if not I will say that one day. It took me less than a minute to think of that.
    1) Say hi... how are you? then ask her what is she reading. Ask her if she likes it and more questions about it.
    2) Make a comment about that book. Make a joke about it if you can.
    3) If you know what kind of book she is reading say that you are looking for a similar book of the same genre because you always wanted to read one. Ask her if she can recommend you anything.
    4) Say Hi and then add that you were on a mission to say Hi to a person who is reading "____" book (look at the title of the book and say it).
    5) Tell her straight up that she is cute and you wanted to say Hi

I hope you got a general idea. Ask me if you have more questions.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98MkjUwVexQ
    do it with a couple fake fans

• it's just working with your surroundings.

• You need the right camouflage.