How long/how many dates should a guy wait to try and kiss a girl?

Though I myself have done it, I've always thought kissing on the first date was a little presumptuous. Girls, is there a good amount of time/number of dates guys should wait before trying to kiss you?

Also, does this change if you've known the person for a while but have just now started dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, first of all, it doesn't change if you've known the person for a while. As long as you've been dating is usually what counts. If you have a strange relationship that's a different story, but if you really like the girl you have to make sure she likes you too then you might be able to kiss on the first or second date. But if you need a little more time to get to know the person, just wait until it feels right to you. And don't make it completely unpredictable, like in the middle of dinner. Maybe when you drop her off give her a peck on the cheek. See how it works.

What Girls Said 3

• If you have known the person for a while and just started dating then kissing on the first date is normal. I always thought the kiss thing went along with how you felt about the person. If you had a first date and you two just totally connected and were feeling each other then kiss her on the first date. Who cares. It doesn't have to be tongue down the throat or anything. If you guys are starting off kind of slow then it can be anywhere between the 2nd to the 4th date.

• There is no right or wrong time to kiss a girl. If you are both feeling the moment, go ahead and kiss her (emphasis on both).

• 1st date. Nothing like deep tongue, but a peck on the lips. I would think he wasn't attracted to me if he didn't try.

If you've known each other a while then a kiss on the mouth is cool-

What Guys Said 0