Would you date someone with a disability?

Would you? i am just curious because i do tend to see people who choose to avoid someone if they have a problem. i would date someone with a disability. i will use me as an example, i like a girl who has 2 mental problems, anxiety and dyslexia and i haven't changed my mind since i found out.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on what they have

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what kinda disability and the severity of it.

• i've noticed that a few people have said that. i should have said "a mild or severe disability" instead of just a normal disability. then had choices based on the two. but would you date someone, no matter what disability, so long as it is mild?

• Thank you (:

• no problem :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• This definitely depends on what kind of disability.

• i should have maybe specified that in the question. sorry :)

• It depends on what it is. I have a few myself and I wouldn't want to date someone with a disability that might heighten my own.

• okay. if their disability was only mild. would you date them then?

and what have you got? i am just curious, don't answer if you aren't comfortable about it

• Well I appreciate that. Definitely a good way to be!

• no problem :)

• Entirely depends on what they have and how severe it is.

• this much is true. i do agree with you. severe and unfriendly disabilities are a no for me

• Yes, pretty much. However, if I dated someone for a really long time, and something happened to him (a car crash, for instance) and he ended up with a disability, I'd be a lot more lenient towards the severity. Like I'd prefer only a minor disability if it's someone I'm considering dating. But if it's someone I've already been with for a long time and he ends up getting a somewhat severe disability, I'd stick with him anyway.

• true, i wouldn't leave a loved ones side if anything happened to them either

• it would depend on the kind and severity of the disability

• yeah, it is like that for most people. i guess type of disability is a major thing. would you date them if they had any disability but it was a mild case

• yes, i can do that

• so it boils down to the severity. that can be understandable

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't mind if she had social anxiety but if it's the type where she really can't talk to me personally
    sorry I don't want nothing to do with her because I would literally end contact with any girl I was interested in if they send dry ass texts lol , but other than that I wouldn't date a girl depending on the disability

• Anxiety and dylexia are problems I could deal with. But if she has a mental problem where my life is in danger because she is a psychopathic murderer.. I guess I wouldn't date her. So it depends on what they have.

• yeah, a few people said that. a psychopath should be reported too

• It would depend on them as well as what they have.

• no. i wouldn't.

• Especially if they have no sense of smell. I picked A of course.