Have you ever cheated on your significant other , if so why?

Like , why'd you do it? I've been cheated on and have been the cheater and I wanted to know why you did. Where you sad , was it just physical attraction? Anything. I'd love to hear some of your answers and no I'm not gonna judge.

Most Helpful Guy

• No and I can confidently say I will never cheat. It's something that goes against everything I stand for. I'm sorry you've been cheated on you do deserve better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I only cheated once, on my high school boyfriend aged 15. I found out that he'd been flirting with other girls and planning to dump me for someone else so I went to one of my guy friends because I was distraught and he comforted me and then in one moment it just felt right to kiss so we did. I told my boyfriend and he left me but he was so upset but I felt so guilty but also kind of justified because I'd spent so long feeling sad in the relationship it was nice to feel special again. I saw the affect it had on the boyfriend and that was enough guilt to make me never cheat again. I've been cheated on a few times since then and it hurts everytime, it's the mental reasoning you do with yourself after you find out, that's the worst bit. Feeling like an idiot and like there is something wrong with you. Don't miss those days! Nowadays I'm in a really great relationship with someone I trust more than anything, enough to have kids with him and I can see that he would never do anything to hurt me.

What Guys Said 2

• Never cheated, never will. If a relationship isn't working out for me, I'll end it; I won't step out on my woman.

• no, if i want to play the field i stay single

What Girls Said 2

• I suppose I did, but here's the thing.

My boyfriend at the time and I fought near constantly. There was barely ever a moment when we weren't. I was 17 and socially awkward, shy and insecure. I didn't really feel like I was going to be able to get anyone better than him, and he had even told me on several occasions that I wasn't. I stayed with him because I was scared of being alone and I thought that if I just kept my mouth shut and tried not to make him angry, we'd be okay. Obviously that wasn't the case.

I had this very good friend (who is my current boyfriend and has been for almost a year now). He was friend zoned by me for quite a long time, so to speak. He was everything I wanted in a boyfriend and everything my ex was not, and it scared me quite terribly because I was beginning to develop feelings for him. We never actually did anything because I didn't like the idea of cheating, but we did confess our attraction to each other. Finally, after one big fight, I left my ex boyfriend, but never told him the real reason why, just saying that I wasn't ready for a relationship.

I don't know if I would call it cheating, but I am by far much happier now than I was when I was in a relationship with my ex.

• Fuck man, my ex was physically/mentally abusive and kept me trapped in his house for yeaaaarsss.
    When I finally went out with a friend of mine there was a guy there that I had known for a few years. I made out with him that's it. Grew some balls and left the toxic relationship the next day. Never again. I've been cheated on and it fucking sucks, I felt like such an awful person for a long time because of what I did but I just wanted to feel good about myself and not be hit -_-
    stupid I know. lolol