Am I wasting my time with him?

I have been seeing a guy for 6 months. Initially he said that he wasn't looking for a relationship. Since then things have progressed. I have met his family and friends, he has met mine, we see each other 2-3 times a week. We make plans weeks in advance together however... I found out a few months ago he had slept with another woman. I broke things off and told him I just couldn't do the whole casual thing. Reality was less appealing than the concept. He has since apologised (about 500 times). Promised it will never happen again and told me he wants to be exclusive. He doesn't however call me his girlfriend and is not affectionate with me at all when we are in public although everyone knows we are together. Since he is becoming more "committed" should I give him more time or is it just a waste?

Most Helpful Girl

• Words mean nothing if he does not show it. What's the point of having the title if there's no communication and no respect? I would end it

What Guys Said 5

• After reading all this, definitely give him a chance.

He technically did nothing wrong, and he feel guilty for emotionally hurting you!

• Maybe he is feeling forced and he did this more out of guilt. I know when I am feeling forced I can't love somebody and express my love.

I would suggest to give him space and let him come to you. Make him miss you a bit.

• ennnnnn, oh let me see...

• Waste of time. Not calling you his girlfriend or making it official is his excuse to continue to do whatever he wants outside of being with you. Don't waste your time on someone who won't replicate your feelings back.

• NOO have seen this shit before Cut him off. Dont get hurt Please !! IF he really likes you he wouldn't have had sex with someone else and not affectionate in Public? I would let people know she's mine and treat her like a princess. Now the situation i have seen was that all the guy wanted was a one night stand with her because she was a potential for him to do so from when he said srry and she said it was ok similar to your situation. But i am not there so i really can't see the situation but from what you said nono.

What Girls Said 10

• I experienced a similar story a couple weeks ago!
    Well, if you guys weren't official, there's no real reason for you to feel cheated on. But you have to set boundaries. Tell him that, if he wants to be your boyfriend, he should date you and only you, ditch his side-b*tches and focus on your relationship. The thing that could be a problem is that he went to see someone else when you guys were in the process of becoming boyfriend/girlfriend. Personally, it's a turn-off for me. I got rid of the guy who wanted to date me when I knew he kissed his ex. He said that he still wanted to date me, or at least stay friends but I refused. Why? To avoid unnecessary heartbreak and drama.

• NO NO BOO THATS A RED FLAG RIGHT THEIR!! not being affectionate when he's in public? when your with someone you want people to know their yours obviously not like full out make out but holding hands and kissing here and there Yesss! I wouldn't be with a guy that's not affectionate with me and shows off that I'm his and I don't believe in giving second chances when someone cheats ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER!!🙅🏼🙅🏼 he's just sorry he got caught ! I think you should forget about him

• He didn't cheat. They were not together.

• And what does he want to be exclusive for? You guys aren't Romeo and Juliet 😒 A guy who TRULY wants to be with you wants to show you off

• You don't understand. @asker and thd guy were not a couple when he had sex with someone else. They were not exclusive, therefore, even if he, indeed, had sex, he didn't cheat.

• My current situation is sort of the same except he hasn't hooked up with anyone else and he shows me an insane amount of affection when we're in public (its absolutely adorable actually)
    He'll bring me to the bar with him and all of his guy friends and he gives me kisses on the forehead, holds my hands, sit me on his lap, etc. EXCEPT you're in a better place because he said he wants to be exclusive.
    My guy still says he can't get into a committed relationship because he can commit to be loyal and faithful to me but he can't commit to me because if he were to get an opportunity anywhere around the world he would take it.
    not sure which of us is in a better or worse situation haha i feel ya girl
    give him a little time though he just recently said he wanted to be exclusive. some guys are a little harder to read

• He doesn't call you his girlfriend nor is affectionate towards you? Those are both deal breakers, I think you should move on.

• Waste of time. He already disrespected you. Got to have mutual respect in a good relationship.

• Tell him why you don't want to be exclusive and let him chase you.

He will soon change if he wants you that bad.

• Maybe when fuck that other girl he didn't feel anything for you but as time went on he starting to fall in love with you so he doesn't want to lose you. I think you should give him a chance or who know maybe you will regret not giving him that chance later in life.

• He just want you back again for the sex.

• I think you should move on you need a guy that loves you n wouodnt think twice of another girls and shows affection to you. Well not many guys/girls are like massive pda. but you know the innocent one like holding hands a kiss, hugs.

• I feel like if he's willing to be committed to you, he should be willing to call you his girlfriend. Some guys aren't very touchy, especially in public... That may not be a huge deal... But a little bit of touching or mild affection should be okay with someone you consider your boyfriend.