Should I be offended?

OK so i am 23 and my boyfriend is 27 , he is my first boyfriend ever (Tinder hehe) and he has a fulltime job and his own apartment , he is a computer engineer and is super smart and fun and loving. I am my 3rd year bachelor marketing student and i have a part time job, i work a lot and i can offerd to things i wish to buy but i mean not to spend it on whatever like he does.

a lot of times when we go out he is the one who pays for things, i try to tell him no but he won't let me pay and here the other day he said i dont want you to pay because i make more money than what you do.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. You shouldn't be.

This isn't anything to do with domination or control. It's just a guy who has resources that wants to share them with the person that he likes. He's been a student before, and he knows that there are better ways for you to spend your money. If he was trying to control you, it wouldn't make sense for him to let you have more money to spend on your own.

This guy truly cares for you. If you resent him and shut him down because of this, it is you who have a problem, not him.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't be offended. Of course it is nice to allow your man to let you pay sometimes but some guys don't like it. Just let him know you appreciate it and surprise him with a little gift. Just make sure to let him know you appreciate him always paying for dinners. The whole "I make more than you" comment, I would brush it off. After all, it sounds like he does make more than you and I dont think he was saying it to offend you, rather than make an observation. He knows he makes more and doesn't want to put a hole in your pocket when he could pay for it and still have more than enough cash to play with. Down the road when you get a better job after college it will probably be more negotiable.

What Guys Said 5

• He recognizes that you are a student and have only a part time job. So you have bills and little to pay them with. He has a well paying job and does not want you to be financially hurt paying for something that is not expensive to him.

If that bothers you, then tell him, but there really is no reason to be offended.

• Essentially he likes being dominant and in control of you. Your relationship dynamic borders on power where your like a child and he's an adult.

He makes way more money than you, has more working experience, and essentially sees you as someone he can control.

• No, ride the gravy train as long as you can. He said he doesn't want you to.

• Not that great with words is he.

• When will people understand that men ALWAYS pay but what the man wants, is for the woman to offer to pay. It's rude to not offer because it makes us think you don't care to. Again, we'll pay, we do t mind but, when you don't offer, that's what we don't like

What Girls Said 2

• I think he cares for you by making that point.

I dont know what issue there is to fight about.

• What is the question?