Do opposites attract?

So many of my friends have said what they look for in a Girl/Guy. That they will be picky about it but half of them ended up with somone who is completely opposite to them or to what they say the wanted in a person. So my question is do you all belive that opposites do attract and can they be successful relationships? any experiences?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. If their personalities are opposite of each other then it's possible. However, there has to be some minimum level of common interests.

Most Helpful Girl

• In theory, yes. You're attracted to the opposite because they have what you don't. It's interesting and exciting! However, this does not necessarily make a good long-term relationship. That comes from compatibility... having things in common with one another.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes to a certain degree though... too opposite and probbaly not

Just enough, then yes it becomes amazing

• no, is nonsense and politically correct.

What Girls Said 2

• I always crush on guys who are the opposites of me. Don't know why, guess there's some truth in that saying.

• I believe opposites attract and I also believe relationships can definitely work with them. Personally I think it adds a good friction to the relationship adds a little spark because there will be different opinions, likes, dislikes and it will make everything that little bit more exciting if they are willing to open up share tier differences with each other and try new things