If a guy pays for you, does he consider it a date?

Me and this guy like each other and hang out all the time but it's usually at each other's houses or at a coffee shop. Well we went to the movies the other night and he paid for my ticket without me knowing. I told him he didn't have to pay for me, because I feel bad. Like he's wasting his money or something. I'm a senior in high school and unfortunately kind of new to the whole dating scene haha. Is he just trying to be a nice guy or is he paying for me because he considers it a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• well it all depends on the guy and the situation. I was friends with this guy and I had a bf. Well we went to grab something to eat and take it back to my bfs house. I was ready to pay for my food but he bought instead. We were just friends. Then, when my boyfriend and I first started hanging out before becoming exclusive we went out with his friend and he bought my movie ticket and he considered it a date.

What Guys Said 1

• In my case, I've always pay when I consider it a date. I wouldn't otherwise, lol, because then it would just be weird to pay for my friends.

So I'm saying yes, he probably considered it a date. Don't feel bad about him paying, its not like you twisted his arm for him to do it. I think so long as he's made aware that it isn't necessary you've got nothing to worry about. And if he keeps doing it in the future... well then I really think they are dates, lol.

Hope that helped.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it depends on the guy too. Most of my guy friends pay, like if we stop off at wawa after a skate session, he'll pay for my monster and pretzel but we're still just friends.