Is fear of rejection the only reson someone would not ask someone they like out (provided both are single)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what you mean by 'like'. I have ignored the advances of attractive women because I knew it wouldn't work out for one reason or another.

What Guys Said 11

• Hm X would not ask Y out because X isn't interested...

Now... if X likes Y... Maybe it's too soon, maybe X doesn't do it because Y has a bad reputation, maybe X thinks Y is interested in another gender
    Or X is going to move very soon to Narnia, making it really difficult (the last one is dramatic, but oh well)

• Yup, pretty much.

• does the thought "she won´t like me anyway" count as fear of rejection?

• There could be one hundred thousand reasons but first and foremost is because the guy may not like the girl. Yes I know there are some guys on here that would date anything with a vagina and a mouth but I am a hair more picky.

• I just specified 'IF he indeed did like her...'.

• So then specify a couple... ad least... o. O

• Timing is maybe the biggest thing to ruin it for a couple that could make it. People move for jobs/school and they don't want to get attached. Sometimes I will like a girl but won't pull the trigger because of several reasons like her being selfish, sloppy, religious etc.

• Not just that but how they reject them, with insults.

• Yee cuz of the feelings that comes after a rejection which includes shame, embarrassment, awkwardness and all dat shiz when y'all met again. No one want that lel. I rather die than to meet face to face with that cutie again 😰😰

• Nope there could be a million other reasons, could be their have other insecurities, could be they like someone else, could be they do something they don't like, could be a ton of other stuff, they could be so busy in life they don't think about it. Liking someone does not guarantee a romantic desire.

• I don't know anymore. I'm extremely attracted to girls, but whenever I'm really close to asking any girl out, I say to myself that I don't deserve her. So, I guess I end up cockblocking myself with my own thoughts.

• That's not right.
      Go do it, man! You only live once. Why would you think you don't deserve someone? You'll never know if you don't try. Go in there with a winning attitude. Check out some TED Talk videos about confidence - actually really helpful. =)

• I wouldn't know. I don't have any experience with prostitutes.

• I honestly don't think they were prostitutes now that I think about it. They were just college students looking for money... Fuck. I've been calling them prostitutes for over a month now, LOL. I was wondering why it felt like I was having sex with girls who were seemed very inexperienced with sex. I should've known when they saw my penis. They all kept saying how big it was. I don't think they were lying because their vaginas were very tight. I kept wondering why I never saw the girls again. I mean I went to the same location, but it was always a different girl there. I'm dumb. Wow. I'm sorry.

• Well this was a self-answering question.

• Not getting hurt, by someone they don't know very well

• No... there are many other aspects too.

What Girls Said 3

• Other reasons might include not wanting to risk changing the current relationship if you're already friends or colleagues. Also, someone who has a fear of commitment or baggage from a past relationship might be afraid of getting attached again.

Otherwise, yes, I'd say fear of rejection if probably the only other reason for not asking someone out who you like.

• No, sometimes they dont because they are shy or they do not want to be hurt or they have low confidence that they can keep the relationship going.

• Well I think there's more to consider than that. Even if I like someone, chances are I don't like them as much as they like me and I would feel bad that I can't reciprocate their feelings and I'm a very unattached person even when I do like you (my friends all know this and are cool with it). I think there's also the fact that maybe they're just not ready to date? Or too busy for it? I know school is one of the reasons I don't date (because i would neglect my date)