Guys, do you get in a relationship for sex only or do you care about an emotional connection?

there is this guy and him and I have a great emotional connection we are both seniors in high school (18 years) however he is not a virgin and I am not ready to have sex yet but i also try to remain open mind
there is also another girl who likes him as well him and her have no emotional connection whatsoever however she is a total freak in the sheets and practically throws her pu$$y at him All THE TIME!!

I am NOT a hater the girl and I are both very pretty in our own way. I have the adorable innocent look with a bad side. She has the typical slut and make up packed sexy look. it's like he would rather hang out with me because I have a really cool personality that clicks well with his however he is a teenage boy with raging hormones.
I'm like her ⬇⬇
( cute /adorable)

And the other girl is like this⬇⬇(sexy/very reviling and easy)

• emotional connection (me)
    83% (35)
  • SEXXXx (her)
    17% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
by the way the girls in the pictures are not actually us they're just random girls I found online however that is me in my profile picture

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I can make this real simple, albeit long.

*Females are primarily concerned with connections and love--though, they still desire sex.

*Males are primarily concerned with sex--though, they still desire connectedness and 'realtionshipyness'.

So, connection to guys is what sex is to you. Sorta.

You would do well to accept this: sex is mental for females. Sex is a physical *urge* for males. And not always a desired one. It's just something we 'have' to do. Or go for. Something we are compelled towards. Much like the female compulsion for romanticism. Doesn't mean you dislike sex. But it does mean that's more important to you than sex.

These instincts originate from our different reproductive set up. Females only have one egg per month, while males have a near-unlimited amount of sperm. It's the same concept as economics. If you have less of a product, the price rises. If you have an abundance of a product, the price gets cheaper. It's all about reproduction.

Say, money-wise. If you have 1,000 dollars, and a male has 1,000,000,000 you're going to be a lot more picky in what you buy, right? It's sorta like that.

Biologically, a woman is being most efficient when she allows only the 'best' males to have a shot at fertilizing her egg. The way she understands which male is 'the best potential mate atm' is by feelings and love. This is why emotional attachment is paramount to females, in order for them to want sex. Because they don't want to waste an egg on a poor male. This means (less so in modern times, but our instincts haven't quite caught up with us) sex is *high risk* for females and *low risk* for males. Which leads to our different approaches towards reproduction.

Biologically, a man is being most efficient when he's having sex with as many females as possible: spreading the genes around as much as possible. And so, that is why we are biologically driven to fuck as many females as possible. (women are not immune to the desire for many different partners, however: and, they will eventually want to jump to a better male)

Incidentally, this is also why females have innate value in society, while males must prove their lives have value through accomplishment and occupation. This is clearly shown in our attitudes towards a woman dying as opposed to a man dying.

In essence, males desire both. Just like you. It's just one aspect is more important than the other. So, it just depends on how he deals with his physical urge. As a teen with raging hormon

• Oh, right. I should add that these are the *base instincts*. These differ from individual to individual based on social influence, personal ideology, willpower, past experience, etc. etc. These aren't all encompassing, and humans are quite diverse. Like, for instance, this other 'easy' girl.

What Guys Said 15

• I'm not in it JUST for sex. I like companionship too when not having sex. Common interests is always good as well as being exposed to new things. The emotion connection... if it's there cool. If not that ok too. I don't need it. That'll be more important to me later In life when I'm looking for a life partner. In the meantime I'm looking for fun, companionship like doing stuff together, enjoying each other's company including sex. There's an emotion connection in any relationship of value. But I'm not looking for love level of emotion... yet.

• Getting in a relationship takes tremendous effort. I wouldn't go through that just for sex.

• If you are playing hard, not reciprocating his feelings for you, being a bitch, then he will choose the slut over you.

• Having been on my own for a long time I've learnt that it's the little things that are more important than sex. Sex with someone you care about, love, is great, but not the most important thing in a relationship. It's having someone in your life who's your best friend.

• I approach based on looks, I date based on.. well, everything.

• Relationships to me include emotional connection. Some guys may say or think or believe differently. Otherwise, it's just casual sex and not really a relationship.

• Obviously I wouldn't get into a relationship just to have sex that makes no sense, but I wouldn't get into a relationship with no sex either. you're just different points in life, and you're not ready for the kind of relationship he wants.

• I barely have any sexual experience. I want sex first. I can't trust other humans with emotional connections anymore. They always end up mentally abusing me, but worst of all they try to use me for everything.

• He's 16. Maybe he does things for the right reasons, maybe he doesn't, maybe he clicks with her too? there's so many variables here, but honestly at 16, most guys want the sex.

• If you go for sex, you only get sex, but if you go for emotional connection, you get both emotional connection AND sex.

• I prefer an emotional connection

• The only reason why i look for a relationship is emotional connection. So I think you win here :)

• Okay so here's my golden rule don't EVER expect sex or anything like that EVER in a relationship

• I have never had a one night stand or 'hook up' in my life meaning I've only ever had sex inside a relationship. That's not because I can't get no strings attached sex, I could get it quite easily, like many of my friends, but I would rather have an emotional connection with a woman which is what I crave. Also I find hook ups to be tacky, cheap and dirty. Most girls willing to offer them tend to be trashy, easy and not the sort of girl I would want. I find the pretty, respectable, clean girls tend to be the ones that save it for relationships. Just remember that. Also there are obviously guys out there who are ONLY interested in having sex, with no other commitments, but it seems most guys, myself included, aren't like that. We want a proper relationship with an emotional connection, just like most women do.

• How about post up actual photos so we can see who looks best

• I don't want to post a picture of her but my pic is my profile picture